Complaint Review: AIG Promotions

• Submitted: Fri, August 07, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, August 30, 2009

• Reported By:Colorado Springs Colorado
AIG Promotions
1928 E. Highland F104, Box 412 Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

AIG Promotions ignoring pleas to stop calling, Violating Do Not Call list rules, telephone harassment Phoenix Arizona

* : If it were me...

* : Promise made, promise broken

Two months ago, I began receiving calls from AIG Promotions claiming I had requested information from them about the ability to accept credit cards for a home business. Every time they called, I explained that I never contacted them and I don't have a home business. I also told them to take my number out of their system and stop calling me.

After the third call, I reported the company to both the FTC and the Arizona BBB. I received AIG's response to the BBB complaint this week. They basically said if I didn't want them to call me, then I shouldn't have called them (which I didn't.) They called me again the very next day!

Since the company won't listen to me and the FTC doesn't seem to want to do anything, I e-mailed the Phoenix Police Department to ask if I can file criminal charges against AIG for telephone harassment. I'm awaiting their response.

John
Colorado Springs, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2009 08:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AIG-Promotions/Phoenix-Arizona-85016/AIG-Promotions-ignoring-pleas-to-stop-calling-Violating-Do-Not-Call-list-rules-telephone-477349. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AIG Promotions

#1

If it were me...

AUTHOR: ReactorCore - (Canada)

I'd be letting the cops know anyway. Their response to the BBB stated clearly that they would not call you again.

Then they called you again.

Why let them away with going back on their word at all? It kind of makes you look like a weak-willed pushover who doesn't stand behind their words by following up with action.

Plus, if they contact you again, it'll be nice to interrupt the sales pitch and let them know that a formal criminal complaint has been lodged with the local authorities and be able to give them a police report file number, don't you agree?

Bet you get taken off their call list real fast once that's mentioned and their mangaers verify that a complaint with the fuzz truly does exist.

I know it makes me feel all warm and squishy inside.

#2

Promise made, promise broken

AUTHOR: Jtr115 - (U.S.A.)

I thought this company was finally listening to my pleas to stop calling.  I hadn't heard from them for over two weeks, and they issued another response on Thursday to my BBB complaint stating they would not call me again.

Lo and behold, I got another sales call from them on Friday!  I went ahead and blocked the number they had been using the past two times (866-777-1207.)  The Phoenix police let me know who to call if I want to file a criminal complaint.  If AIG calls me again using a different number, I'll definitely let the police know.