Complaint Review: AIR GENIE

• Submitted: Sat, April 27, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, April 27, 2013

• Reported By: bink — Naples Florida
AIR GENIE

AIR GENIE Bait n Switch marketing and refusal of service after agreement and appointment setting , Internet

AIR GENIE IS A COMPLETE FRAUD!

This company offered a special promo on the raido on 96.1FM and set the appointment which they later cancelled. I just wanted my 1 year old AC unit checked and get a quote on repairs and upgrades. Since they offered a $30 special, normally $180, discounted $75 on their website but $30 if you call while they were on AIR during the one hour morning show I decided to call.

I explained everything to them and they listened then set the appointment. I am not new to AC but in no way able to service or offer advice. What I do know is common sense about business and how business insurance works. These clowns cancelled my appointment, because the owners of the unit (my parents) would not be here. Let's see, Naples is a seasonal city, they live in Michigan, I live here year round and I bought the new AC last year for $5500 and the condo belongs to the entire family, yet, they can't service?

WRONG! This is a case of false advertising. The way the AC business works is simple. It is a very competitive market so these companies have very high lead costs. You the customer are the lead. For the most part it can cost them $120 to get you to call them after you factor Google PPC, print advertising and whatever else, not to mention the well paid salesperson. Since they can't sell me a new unit they use insurance as a scapegoat. The minute insurance is used, the fault lies with a large company the vendor is powerless against and they can walk away from a loss like mine without looking foolish. Well, except that I know better. Let's consider I have purchased brand new units from large companies like AIR GENIE for rental units. Guess what, I did not have to be there. I had units serviced and I was not there. In fact, if you call a reputable AC company, one that truly has hard workers interested in providing quality service they will show up no problem.

Buyer beware. Any company that uses BAIT N SWITCH marketing schemes is simply dishonest and will rip you off. Ignore their positive feedback on Google as they are probably padded by the company. It is very difficult to get a person in this industry to leave positive feedback. As a web developer I have first hand experience.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2013 11:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AIR-GENIE/internet/AIR-GENIE-Bait-n-Switch-marketing-and-refusal-of-service-after-agreement-and-appointment-1046682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AIR GENIE