- Report: #135774
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: AIU Aka American Intercontinental University-Buckhead
AIU Aka American Intercontinental University-Buckhead3330 Peachtree Rd. N.e. Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.
AIU Aka American Intercontinental University-Buckhead Ripoff and Conneseurs for Fraud Atlanta Georgia
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Jillian, AIU made poor Carl....The Real Dirt - all sorts of horrifically unethical behavior on the part of admissions folks at AIU
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
It all started in Fall 2002 when I decided to pursue a Bachelor's degree in Interior design. I was so excited to start! Well first off, let me state that I am a highschool dropout, so when I actually WANTED to go to school to pursue a career that I would enjoy here is what happened.
1. When I started, I had already gotten my G.E.D. and had passed with flying aces in each subject. It was about a year later I decided to do something with my life besides party. I then payed the application fee of $50.00. After that, there were many problems.
2. There were documents left to be signed (no to mention the ones they lost)by my father, whom was out of town on work, so they didn't mind that too much and said that they could get his signature when he came back into town and they let me take my first class anyway.
3. I applied for a Federal Stafford Loan, but couldn't get it becauuse my father hadn't filed his taxes the year before, as if it were my fault. For three weeks I went to my class and on the third week, Carl(I do not recall his last name),started to bribe me into forging my father's name on documents. He said that I could not continue to take classes unless they were signed, and after days of hesitating I finally gave in. This man actually followed me through the hallways and everything, it was all pretty creepy.
4. There was never ANY mention of how much it would cost for me to go there until I actually went to Financial Aid crying my eyes out. Then they slapped the bill on me, $1,110.00 for ONE class for five weeks. It was then that I told them that I could not attend any of their classes as I was no longer getting any support from either parent and at the age of only 18 I absolutely couldn't afford it myself. I was literally heartbroken and then became very depressed over the entire situation.
5. I went to my teacher and told him that I would no longer be able to attend his class and was totally embarrassed because I was crying my eyes out the entire time. I am a very sensitive person.
6. A few weeks later, I received a bill in the mail for around $1,500, which is even MORE than I was told the class would be! I then started calling them and no one would help me or dispute the bill.
7. About a month passed and of course I wasn't going to pay them the money at all at this point and then bill collectors started calling. The cursed at me and they tried bribing me, but hell no, I wasn't going to give in. I was only there for three weeks, not even attending the class on the last day of the third week.(I was scheduled every Tues. and Thurs.)
8. I started e-mailing state officials until something was done. I even went as far as contacting the state Governer. After that, I never heard anything else from any bill collectors nor the school again. Also, it never even touched my credit, so I don't know what happened, but at the same time I don't really care.
For all of you attending AIU that think that it is just wonderful, good for you, you must all be yuppies that your mommy and daddies pay everything for you. But what about people like me? Now, the one teacher I had there was great and I'll bet a lot of the other professors there are as well, but don't let that fool you. The management is very poor and even more unhelpful. Instead they'd rather you forge documents and try to take you forgranted. Also, if Carl still works there, give him the finger for me.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2005 09:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AIU-Aka-American-Intercontinental-University-Buckhead/Atlanta-Georgia-30326/AIU-Aka-American-Intercontinental-University-Buckhead-Ripoff-and-Conneseurs-for-Fraud-Atla-135774. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.