Complaint Review: AIU ONLINE UNIVERSITY

• Submitted: Sat, February 18, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, March 29, 2006

• Reported By:Jacksonville Florida
AIU ONLINE UNIVERSITY
AMERICAN INTERCONTINENTAL UNIVERSITY ONLINE Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

AIU ONLINE UNIVERSITY ripoff Chicago Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Similar Experience

I am making a complaint with the University because in the month of October 2005 I enrolled for online classes. I was a little skeptical about enrolling because I wasn't sure I wanted to do the course. My student advisor Chey Harris was in contact with me on a daily basis and I was telling him that I wasn't sure about doing the course.

Well classes started on the 9th of October and by the 11th I wanted to withdraw. I contacted Chey Harris and he told me not to logg on anymore and I didn't but get disenrolled until the 15th. Then a lady named Carmen Rivas started calling asking for money in November. I was already told by Chey Harris I owed nothing. Now I all of a sudden owe 1082.47 to the university. She is telling me that I logged on to the site on the 16th and now I have to pay for 25 percent of the tuition . I never logged on the site and I explained that to her but she wouldn't respond and kept sending letters and emails demanding money. Why would I logg back on to a site when I know if I do I will be charged. I am already in a financial struggle as it is and didn't need the extra strain. I know I didn't logg on but they refused to hear me and didnt' even take the time to investigate it. I never heard from her again since November 15th. I was truly upset about this and I didn't realize that this has occured many times with this University. I have all emails documented from them . I refuse to pay for something that I didn't do I will not pay for a day that I didn't even logg on for . Thank you

Christopher
Jacksonville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2006 05:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AIU-ONLINE-UNIVERSITY/Chicago-Illinois/AIU-ONLINE-UNIVERSITY-ripoff-Chicago-Illinois-176889. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AIU ONLINE UNIVERSITY

Similar Experience

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

I attend my 5-week session and recently a new 5-week session started. I logged on once for 5 minutes. The financial person told me since I logged on once that I am responsible for around 4800.00 even though they were already paid for the first 5 weeks. I refuse to pay for a service I never recieved. The financial person told me since I already taken five weeks i am responsible to pay for 10-week even though I never attended. Where is the class-action lawsuit against these theives.