Complaint Review: AIU ONLINE

• Submitted: Sun, March 11, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, March 11, 2007

• Reported By:Fargo Minnesota
AIU ONLINE
5550 Prairie Stone PKY ,Hoffman Estates, Illinois U.S.A.

AIU ONLINE Would not take NO for an answer Hoffman Estates Illinois

I wanted info about aiu online so I filled out the form on the website. With in minutes someone representing aiu called me. She was very nice, she sounded interested to talk to me about what I was looking for. Everything about the online college sounded great so I applied.

I was scheduled to find out if I had been accepted in three days. The day before I was scheduled to find out there was a serious family emergency, I then had called and left a voice message to the rep. to notify her that I could not start class on the scheduled start date. She called me back the next day and seemed disapointed that I felt that I had to put off my education goals for my current family situation. She would not take NO for an answer. I had to make up and exuse just to get her off the phone.

So I then started to dig deeper into this college and found out that they are on probation and on the verge of losing their accredidation. Which would mean that a degree from aiu would be useless.

For the last week now I have been getting non-stop emails and phone calls from her and someone supposedly a higher up wanting to know how they can help. Sounds nice and all but I think that they're being very pushy. They must be tring to make a 'sale'.

I'm just glad that there is a website like this and the fact that I'm gratious that I didn't get too deep into this. I was able to stop payment on the $50 app. fee with a small charge, but I would rather pay the bank some money then to a so called college that is worthless.

AJ
Fargo, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2007 06:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AIU-ONLINE/Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-60192/AIU-ONLINE-Would-not-take-NO-for-an-answer-Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-238821. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AIU ONLINE