• Report: #202979

• Submitted: Wed, July 26, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, August 26, 2008

• Reported By:Houston Texas
AIU Online - American InterContinental University Online
5550 Prairie Stone Parkway, Suite 400 Hoffman Estates, Illinois U.S.A.

AIU Online - American InterContnental University Online ripoff Do not trust you will get your admission fee back Hoffman Estates Illinois

*Author of original report: UPDATE: Admission Fee Refunded from AIU

On 4/26/06 I was deciding between AIU and Kaplan University. At 7:31 AM on 4/26/06 I gave Eric Henrich, ext. 77351 my $50 admission fee. By that evening I had decided to go with Kaplan, in large part due to Rip-off Report (thank you) - and notified Eric of such and requested by $50 Admission Fee be refunded, he replied on 4/28/06 at 9:05 AM that he would get my money refunded. As of today, 7/26/06 - I still haven't received my money back and getting hold of someone intelligent enough to help me at AIU has proven impossible.

I highly suggest to anyone considering AIU to do everything via snail mail. I learned today that the credit card company will not help me in my dispute as everything I have is via email. So, obviously I'm out $50 bucks - hope this will help someone who might be considering AIU. Try (((ROR redacted competitor's name))) or even better, go to your local college!

Julia
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2006 07:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AIU-Online-American-InterContinental-University-Online/Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-60192/AIU-Online-American-InterContnental-University-Online-ripoff-Do-not-trust-you-will-get-y-202979. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AIU Online - American InterContinental University Online

UPDATE: Admission Fee Refunded from AIU

AUTHOR: Julia - (U.S.A.)

I apologize, I should have come back when I finally did get my money back from AIU to let everyone know they're just slow at getting it done. Of course, it also took several letters and emails.

ALWAYS, Always - check with Ripoff Report BEFORE shelling out the money for anything!

I urge to know your rights and don't let yourself or your family and friends get ripped off! If you're here - tell your family and friends about this site. My son already saved himself thousands of dollars and a whole lot of grief by coming here first to check out the builder he was considering!