Complaint Review: AIU Online - American Intercontinental Univerity Online

• Submitted: Mon, May 01, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, May 01, 2006

• Reported By:lockport New York
AIU Online - American Intercontinental Univerity Online
5550 Prairie Stone Parkway, Suite 400 Hoffman Estates, Illinois U.S.A.

AIU Online - American Intercontinental Univerity Online ripoff Used Car tactics Or Movie Boiler Room Adviser's Hoffman Estates Illinois

I enrolled at AIU for 4 weeks under the impression and what was stated to me that my student loans would cover my tuition. The boiler room admissions advisors had me fill out some documents online with electronic signatures, in a fast food, or used car salesmen style reassuring over the phone the answers to my loan questions.

Everything was ok for the first two weeks until I told that I had to pay 415.00 dollars a, month. The main problem is that I have student loans threw HSBC. I had them fax over deferment forms, and AIU kept telling me that they never received them. Under advisement of HSBC I withdrew after 4 weeks.

I wrote a letter to the Dean of AIU, stating my misinformation situation. It turns out that the forms that I signed where forms to make payments every month that I was not aware of. I don't claim to know everything, but I know the difference between right, and ripped off. I have e-mails proving this action, and willing to join a class action suite. Thanks Jeff

P.S. This has hurt my credit as well. I have also written to the BBB, with no results.

Jeffrey
lockport, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2006 06:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AIU-Online-American-Intercontinental-Univerity-Online/Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-60192/AIU-Online-American-Intercontinental-Univerity-Online-ripoff-Used-Car-tactics-Or-Movie-189351. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AIU Online - American Intercontinental Univerity Online