Complaint Review: A.I.U. Online American Intercontinental University

• Submitted: Wed, February 17, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, February 17, 2010

• Reported By: DustyRagland — Gainesboro Tennessee United States of America
A.I.U. Online American Intercontinental University

A.I.U. Online American Intercontinental University This school is a fraud and rip-off! Ruined my credit and school chances!!!!!!! Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: recourse

First off I want to say that this school is ridiculous! I applied for this school because they claimed to be cheaper than the rest and that their ways of education best suited me! What a crock!

This school tells you want you want to hear and then pressures you into the whole process! I tried to back out time and time again and the school kept pressuring me and would not let me back out! See if they saved that on their school phone records! it says all phone conversations are recorded, yea i bet!

Next, they told me the two years I would attend would be all included up front for the fees i was given! This was not true! I never received a book i was promised! How can a student go to school and do work without a book? All the school was in for was getting you signed up for loans and all that then pretty much saying screw you on the rest, because at the end of the first semester when the money was needed for the next semester, they wouldnt return your call at all!

Now after all of this hog wash I cant sleep at night for Wachovia and Sallie Mae calling non stop! This is AIU Online's problem and i want it took care of! I would never have went to this school if i knew all of the reports and fraud complaints I have now heard, oh and yes I tried to back out as earlier stated but they wouldnt let me!

Something has to be done to stop this! My credit is ruined now and my chance of ever going to school again is gone! I never missed a loan payment or any kind and my credit was great until this stupid school! Someone please help me! AIU IS A RIP!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2010 01:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AIU-Online-American-Intercontinental-University/internet/AIU-Online-American-Intercontinental-University-This-school-is-a-fraud-and-rip-off-Ru-570511. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A.I.U. Online American Intercontinental University

#1 Consumer Suggestion

recourse

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (U.S.A.)

How can the school not let you "back out"? All you have to do is NOT sign for your student loans. They cannot be processed without your signature on a promissory note. Once you signed that note, you were then liable for any funds disbursed on your behalf.

If you really believe that AIU ripped you off and didn't provide the education you signed up for (and that wouldn't suprise me) you can contact Sallie Mae and explain the situation to them. There are mechanisms in place to address this.

You weren't very specific in your complaint, other than to say you didn't receive a book and they wouldn't return your calls. Did you attend the second semester? If not, (and you DIDN'T enroll in classes) the funds for the second semester would have to be returned to the lender and you shouldn't be liable for them. But you are still responsible for the first semester's fees.