owned

• Updated: Wed, February 15, 2006

• Reported By:Morton Grove Illinois
AIU Online University
aiuonline.edu Internet U.S.A.

AIU Online University Unethical business practices Hoffman Estates Ripoff Internet

AIU Online is an unethical place to work and only cares about profits!! That's my experience there in one sentence.

I worked there for 7 months as an admissions advisor and I was 3 out of 30 people left in my sales team. They are slave drivers and encourage you to work overtime and holidays. They do not care one ounce for their employees. One of the admissions advisors asked the Director of Admissions regarding the turnover rate and he claimed that it was only 20%. What a lie! The turnover was 90%!

I do not agree with the way they enroll students. They make 'prospects' believe there's an acceptance committee and that is truly false. How awful. These prospects think their well thought out essay is being reviewed by a commitee and it was just reviewed by the admissions advisor and maybe by the Director of Admissions. AIU also encouraged us to do absolutely anything to keep students enrolled, regardless of the excuse. And to top it off, we were told to call our leads several times during the day and every single day...even at 6am. How crazy! We burned up their phones!

I am a true Christian and I'm so glad I don't work there any more. I'm so glad to read these posts and was ecstatic to see that this company is being sued. I hope AIU 'goes under' really soon. I just know it will. God is watching!

Sophia
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2006 10:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AIU-Online-University/internet/AIU-Online-University-Unethical-business-practices-Hoffman-Estates-Ripoff-Internet-176350. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AIU Online University