Complaint Review: AIU Online

aiuonline.edu Internet U.S.A.

AIU Online Not even accredited Alanta Internet

*Consumer Comment: AIU IS ON PROBATION

*Consumer Comment: AIU is accredited according to College Commission

I attended AIU Online a year or so ago. Due to family complications I had to drop out and am I ever happy that I did.

I recently re-enrolled in a school nearby. I requested a transcript to be sent to my new school. AIU has been on probation for YEARS! Credits won't transfer, this school is going to close because of this. I wasted time and money, I'm still paying for my student loans from this school and the classes I took mean nothing...I want answers why was I told this was an accredited university when they are and have been on the verge of losing it??

Don't waste your time on this school!

Lonelyheart08
Lapeer, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2009 12:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AIU-Online/internet/AIU-Online-Not-even-accredited-Alanta-Internet-425622. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AIU Online

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Lasseterja - (U.S.A.)

This post is not believable as AIU has been accredited by SACS through June 2009 and now is accredited through Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. It is not on probation at this time and was off a one year probationary period in December 2007. As an Alum of AIU, I have nothing bad to say about the quality of education or admissions. However, there financial aid and account departments would do well to emulate the rest of the departments at an otherwise outstanding university.

These baseless claims do absolutely nothing but tarnish the reputation of many hard working students earning their degree while working full time. Many working professionals like me have attended AIU and have significantly enhanced our professional development in our chosen fields. My experience has been positive with advancement by my employer after completing my M.Ed. degree. The program of study greatly enhanced my abilities to perform my job as it was more in tune with the latest changes in the training industry whereas many traditional universities lag behind the current trends.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

AIU cam off probation a year ago. And FYI--- They have been accredited since day 1. I have stated on here many times that AIU is mis-managed but it is still a good school. My wife got her BA from AIU after leaving Kaplan. She is now making $73,000 as a financial analyst. Many Fortune 500 companies are education partners with AIU. Why would they send their workers to an non-accredited school? I hated working for AIU. That being said, the people who post on here are full of it. Most of you are uneducated and bitter because you didn't want to work. Do you know the advisors/sales people do not get any "commission" as I have read on here? Yet you want to have then shut down and put 1000's out of work. For what?

All schools have good and bad qualities. Online education isn't for everyone. If it isn't for you, go to a junior or community college. THEN when you have to go to a 4 year, see how much you have spent.

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AIU IS ON PROBATION

AUTHOR: Lonelyheart08 - (U.S.A.)

I called SACS the organization in which they are supposedly accredited through, they have been on probation since 2004 and did not do what they were supposed to do to not even put themselves on probation.

AIU is accredited according to College Commission

AUTHOR: Mplsopinionated - (U.S.A.)

According to Southern Association of Colleges (((Link Redacted))) - the AIU Online is accreditted. They do not list anything probationary. Check it out yourself. These people are tarnishing the name of a good company!