Complaint Review: AIU Online

• Reported By:San Antonio Texas
AIU Online
www.aiuonline.edu Nationwide U.S.A.

AIU Online Student Accounts Deceptive practices Hoffman Estates IL

I just finished with AIU Online and need to complain about the business practices of the school, and their student accounts section.

I'm a military servicemember and had planned on using my GI Bill and tuition assistance to help pay for my education. Little did I know that the school set me up with selfpayments for my GI Bill based on GI Bill entitlements for SEPERATED servicemembers. I caught this halfway through my time with AIU, notified their Student Accouns section and was told that I was ok and they could include any uncovered amount left into my student loan. Problem solved, so I thought..

Last month, after my final class I recieved an e-mail telling me I was roughly 2 thousand dollars behind and to call them.. Oh and by the way, my Diploma would not be mailed out untill this was paid.

I called the Student accounts, which had no note that I ever talked to them about this before. They also declared that each of the payments were late (So they could not include it into a the loan, and ohh yeah add on the late fee's).

While I am pleased with the education I recieved, I could not recommend this school to others based on the lack of organization and poor business practices of the Student Accounts section. They make no effort to help you. Bottomline, if you're AD military, do your homework and make sure they don't mess your payment schedule like they did to mine.

I'm also submitting a formal complaint with the school, as well as to the Navy Education Office, Te Dept. Of Veterans Affairs, and the Regional accrediting they are accredited through.

Josh
San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2005 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AIU-Online/nationwide/AIU-Online-Student-Accounts-Deceptive-practices-Hoffman-Estates-IL-126604. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AIU Online