Complaint Review: AIU - aiuonline.edu

• Submitted: Sun, February 04, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, February 04, 2007

• Reported By:norfolk Virginia
AIU - aiuonline.edu
aiuonline.edu Hoffman, Illinois U.S.A.

AIU - aiuonline.edu You might want to think twice before enrolling in AIU, ripoff Hoffman Illinois

I should have did my research on this school! I thought getting a degree from this paper mill would better my life. However when I applied for a job with my Finance/Accounting degree in November 2006 the employer looked at the transcripts kind of strange. Nine credit hours per course? Most college and universities offer only 3 credit per course but AIU offers 9 credit hours per class( did I mention these classes are like five week classes).

Okay red flags went up. The employer immediately checked the school's accreditation. What do you know the school was on probation. So I could see my opportunity for the job going down the drain with the thousands of dollars I spent on the degree!

The only highlight to the story is I did get the job because I received my degree before the school went on probation.

The moral of this story is for all those seeking a degree, traditional colleges and universities seem to be the safest route.

These super fast online degrees are not in your best interest. Tell someone where you earned your degree and they try their best to keep from laughing when you tell them you earned your degree "online"!

But to each its own. All I can say is do your homework before jumping onboard the online education train wreck. You could save yourself from wasting time studying for a fake degree, the embarassment from telling others and most importantly THOUSANDS of dollars.

D
norfolk, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2007 09:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AIU-aiuonlineedu/Hoffman-Illinois/AIU-aiuonlineedu-You-might-want-to-think-twice-before-enrolling-in-AIU-ripoff-Hoffman-234330. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AIU - aiuonline.edu