Complaint Review: AIU

• Reported By: Susan — Deptfprd New Jersey United States of America
AIU
Weston, Florida United States of America

AIU Weston, FL Ripped me off for more money Weston, Florida

I attended AIU in 2002 & 2003. Their advisor for 2 sections of classes told me I was approved to take 4 classes. It after the 2nd set of classes I received a bill for $5000 stating I owed AIU that money because I wasn't approved to take that many classes. After going to admissions and arguing my situation I was told it was their error and they would take care of it. So I continued taking my classes ( the correct amount ). They even offered me a student job. So I continue with schooling for another year. Then I moved to NJ and decided to try online class. That wasn't working out for me so I quit school. A couple months after a dropped out, I received a call from a collection agency for the $5000. I way floored. I'm not giving them any more money so now to go back to school, I have to start over because they won't transfer my credits. But I still have to pay $20,000 dollars for credits I can have. I've called the people that said they would fix the bill because it was their error isn't working there anymore and the President (a new one) will not return my calls. So if their is a recourse that is available to rectify this situation please let me know.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2012 07:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AIU/Weston-Florida-/AIU-Weston-FL-Ripped-me-off-for-more-money-Weston-Florida-929272. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AIU