- Report: #939768
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: AJ Richies
AJ RichiesInternet United States of America
AJ Richies AJRichies scam, ripoff , Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
- Youll search on the internet for retailers offering the product you want.
- AJRichies will offer it at a competitive price.
- Youll pick the accessories recommended on that products webpage memory, battery, etc.
- You wont be presented with the return policy during the purchase.
- In the fine print of the email youll get summarizing your offer, youll see the order isnt complete until their management reviews and approves it.
- Then youll get the phone calls asking to confirm your name and mailing address. BEWARE this is when the hard sell, upselling starts. Theyll tell you that you dont have the right accessories. They upsell batteries, memory and charges for far more than the exact same products can be purchased through reputable retailers like Amazon.com. Theyll offer a special package that you arent really eligible for, but theyll make an exception. Warranty worthless. Expedited shipping which takes at least 10 days.
- After that call youll get the confirmation of your order which only then you will be presented return policy in fine print 15% restocking fee and 7 days to do the return. Dont try to cancel. Theyll put you in voicemail, hang up on you, etc. I called within an hour of realizing I was ripped off and they said the order already shipped. Hard to believe given how long it took to arrive.
- In order to return you have to get a return authorization code which you can only get if you sign a legally binding contract agreeing to the 15% restocking fee and waiving all rights to further recourse. I have never seen anything like this.
- Dont bother calling. They are abusive and the emails they send are scary.
- DONT GIVE UP. Contact your credit card company and fight. I did and I WON. I did lots of documentation on the scam and spent hours on the phone. I wasnt going to get these guys win. How some people sleep at night I dont know. Companies like this need to be put out of business. Dont do business with them. If you make the mistake, please fight.
- Final note is that I got the newer version of the camera I ordered with more accessories from Amazon for the half the cost and it arrived in days. Stick to Amazon and reputable online retailers.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2012 04:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AJ-Richies/internet/AJ-Richies-AJRichies-scam-ripoff-Internet-939768. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.