Complaint Review: A&J TRANSPORTATION

• Submitted: Thu, January 21, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, January 24, 2013

• Reported By: FLAT BROKE — Texas U.S.A.
A&J TRANSPORTATION
623 N. MAIN ST ADA, Oklahoma United States of America
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category:

A&J TRANSPORTATION ANDY NEMECEK,TONY NEMECEK,TIM WORTMAN LOOKING FOR TRUCK DRIVERS WHO WANT TO WORK FOR FREE,,,, ADA, Oklahoma

*UPDATE Employee: Re-Hire

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: A&J Transportation

*General Comment: True watch out I read the report and didn't listen please don't do it

*Consumer Comment: beware

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A FULL TIME JOB A&J IS THE PLACE TO BE,BUT IF YOU ARE WANTING TO BE PAID FAIRLY AND TREATED FAIRLY STAY AWAY. I TOOK A JOB WITH A&J IN NOVEMBER 2009 AT THAT TIME I WAS TOLD THEY A&J HELD BACK THE FIRST 2 WEEKS PAY,THATS OK MANY COMPANIES DO THIS,BUT IT WAS 5 WEEKS WHEN I GOT MY FIRST CHECK AND OF COURSE IT WAS NOT RIGHT.WHEN I CONTACTED THERE OFFICE AFTER 3 DAYS OF TRYING I WAS TOLD NOT TO WORRY THEY SENT IT. WELL FROM THATDAY ON IT WAS NEVER CORRECT. AS ANY DRIVER KNOWS IF YOU ARRIVE AT YOUR LOAD OR UNLOAD POINT ON TIME AFTER BEING THERE IN MOST CASES 2 HOURS YOU START A DEMURGE OR DETENTION TIME IN WHICH YOU ARE PAID ON AN HOURLY BASIS, WELL IN A&J,S LINE OF HAULING DEMURGE IS A VERY COMMON THING YOU MUST FILL OUT A TIME SHEET AND HAVE IT SIGNED BY THE CUSTOMER. WELL A&J GETS PAID ALRIGHT BUT THE DRIVER FORGET IT.. AND WHEN YOU ASK THEM ABOUT THIS TOPIC THEY BRUSH YOU OFF.IT IS CLEAR WHATS GOING ON A&J IS OPERATING WITH THERE EMPLOYEES MONEY. THIS ALSO IS A COMMON THING,BUT TO DRIVE OVER 2500 MILES A WEEK AND PULL 6-7 LOADS A WEEK IT GETS MIGHTY OLD TO OPEN UP A 150.00 PAYCHECK,SO DRIVER BEWARE A&J MAY SEEM LIKE THEY CARE FOR THERE EMPLOYEES BUT LOOK PAST THE SMOKE AND MIRRORS.. THANKS A FELLOW TRUCKER

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2010 04:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AJ-TRANSPORTATION/ADA-Oklahoma-74820/AJ-TRANSPORTATION-ANDY-NEMECEKTONY-NEMECEKTIM-WORTMAN-LOOKING-FOR-TRUCK-DRIVERS-WHO-WAN-558109. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A&J TRANSPORTATION

Re-Hire

AUTHOR: Payroll - (United States of America)

I revisted this article and would like everyone to know the person who originally filed the report has come back this past year asking for his job back. A&J Transportation wasnt obviously too bad in this persons eyes to want to come back to work.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

A&J Transportation

AUTHOR: Payroll - (United States of America)

I am so sorry you feel so negative towards A&J. I have worked here for 8 years and have never been done wrong. I am in charge of the driver payroll and I can assure you I do not make a mistake on anyones checks purposely. We have always made sure we take care of the problem and in a timely manner. If you feel you have had something wrong and we did not take care of it, we would like to know about it. Please give us a call and we will see what went wrong. Most of the time a check is small on the very first one is because the drivers tend to draw their cash advances without thinkin they will come out of your check. Cash advances are for the driver to use for whatever he/she feels is necessary but in turn, it is like what a bank would do, you borrow money to pay for your bills, etc, the money has to paid back. We deduct it out of the drivers check. We get complaints on all this money coming out of a drivers check but it has always been a cash advance. The only deductions we have ever charged a driver for that is not related to payroll items such as cash advances, child support, etc are mileage charges for when a driver quits and drives it back to their house for us to come pick up. This means we have to take 2 people away from the regular jobs and have them drive to wherever the truck was left. That is not an A&J expense we feel we should take on. If a driver did not have the courtesy to call in his 2 weeks, or at least give us a reason for not bringing the truck to the yard other than 'it is not for me' then yes it will be deducted from their check. We have the right to do that according to our handbook and the labor board. We only charge what expenses we aquired in retrieving the vehicle. We have only done this to about 20 drivers in the 8 years I have been here. We do not like doing it but it is something we will do if need be. Again, we are sorry you did not have a good experience and we wish you the best in your future.

#3 General Comment

True watch out I read the report and didn't listen please don't do it

AUTHOR: Busted - (USA)

This is true then after they
don't pay you they then try
to tell that you stole from
them they hold weeks of pay
Just wondering how many others
They have not paid it's not right

beware

AUTHOR: steve - (United States of America)

this driver is telling the truth