Complaint Review: AJRICHIES.COM

• Updated: Fri, June 14, 2013

• Reported By: Mike Runs — 27944-8129 North Carolina
AJRICHIES.COM
3518 Flatlands Ave Kings, NY, 11234 Kings, New York USA

AJRICHIES.COM INTERNET LOW PRICE BAIT AND SWITCH, FAULTY ADVERTISING Kings New York

I did research and decided to buy a Sony Cybershot HX200V.  The best price and free shipping was with AJRichies.com.  After placing the order and waiting a week, I called to find out the status of my order.  After reaching "customer service" (ha!), I was transferred to the camera dept.

The person I spoke to acted as though he was waiting for my call because he asked if I wanted to upgrade to a better battery (add $50-60) since the one that came with it only lasted for 20 minutes. (Not according to their ad.)  Then he wanted to know if I wanted to stay with the "imported" camera ($315) versus the one built for the US ($379).  I said "What"?  Your ad didn't say anything about different camera versions.  He said that the import is made in Malaysia and has a one year warranty but the one for the US is made in Japan and has an extended Sony warranty.  I wonder if Sony knows about this?

I told him I wanted to cancel because I felt they had misrepresented themselves via the internet ad. He said my order will be canceled.  We'll see.  A total bait and switch, high pressure sales scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2013 03:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AJRICHIESCOM/Kings-New-York-11234/AJRICHIESCOM-INTERNET-LOW-PRICE-BAIT-AND-SWITCH-FAULTY-ADVERTISING-Kings-New-York-1059237. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AJRICHIES.COM