Complaint Review: AKC Pet Healthcare

• Updated: Wed, May 07, 2014

• Reported By: Ping — Gaithersburg Maryland
AKC Pet Healthcare
Nationwide USA

AKC Pet Healthcare Unethical, deceitful company that abandoned my elderly dog at his greatest time of need! Raleigh North Carolina

I have had insurance with AKC Pet Healthcare for many years for my beloved dog and have been paying them monthly. My boy is now elderly and has various medical problems as may be expected. AKC Pet healthcare began to deny our claims as they added up, claiming that they all have a 'common cause' and our limit has been reached. They actually CHANGED THE DIAGNOSIS on a claim form written by my veterinarian. I complained about this attempt at deceit and they apologised but still continued to insist that all my dog's problems have a common cause with no grounds for it whatsoever except at their own insistence. My vet was consulted and he wrote that my boy's problems are likely due to his age. So, AKC Healthcare Plan regards AGE as a common reason for whatever problems a pet may have and hence can abandon elderly pets in their time of greatest need. Although I do not expect insurance companies to have a heart, this is unethical! I feel totally betrayed by this company and have cancelled my policy with them. I would warn others to beware. They will conveniently 'lump' all your pet's problems as one and deny your claims when they feel like they no longer want to pay.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2014 10:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AKC-Pet-Healthcare/nationwide/AKC-Pet-Healthcare-Unethical-deceitful-company-that-abandoned-my-elderly-dog-at-his-grea-1144731. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AKC Pet Healthcare