Complaint Review: ALL SEASONS TRAVEL

• Submitted: Thu, July 21, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, August 10, 2005

• Reported By:Oamaru Other
ALL SEASONS TRAVEL
1155 HAMMOND DRIVE ATLANTA, Georgia U.S.A.

ALL SEASONS TRAVEL ripoff ALL SEASONS TRAVEL, A.S.T.A.R TRAVEL. WILL WE GET OUR MONEY BACK ATLANTA Georgia

*Author of original report: GOT OUR MONEY BACK!!

My mother and I have fallen victims to a pop up add saying we won a free $2100 shopping spree. Just ring the stated number and you will also recieve a free trip.

This apparent trip involved free rental car, florida, orlando, visits to dinseyland, nasa, blah blah blah. We just had to pay for plane tickets and port fees if we wanted to take the "Free" two day cruise to the Baharmas. Port fees I have since found out are $249.00pp.
During a very long phone call which involved 3 way calling as well as speaking to about four different people, they manage to obtain my mothers credit card number, she is elderly and found the whole process difficult to understand. The call was ended abruptly when my mother questioned what was the purpose for credit card number, she was told $1300 would be taken out of account but billing would not show until the end of the month. Explanation for this amount was very unclear. Withing 20mins of speaking to astar I told my mother to cancel her credit card it sounded like a scam. She rang credit card company & money had already been removed!!!!
I repeatedly sent emails requesting cancellation of apparent free trip only to get no reply.

Finally my mother rang only to be informed they cannot do cancellations over the phone or email, I find this suprising as they easily removed money from her account via email.

One of the original people we spoke to was Charles Coleman.

I have recieved package from them which I will not be opening.

I am sending it back registered post which is costing $36.00.

The lady I have managed to get replies from is Laura Trotman her emails do not come through with a direct address but I would beable to forward my details to anyone having the same delimer.

They say once they recieve package back my mothers account will be refunded.

We will wait and see!!!!

Gaz
Oamaru
New Zealand

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2005 04:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ALL-SEASONS-TRAVEL/ATLANTA-Georgia-30328-5320/ALL-SEASONS-TRAVEL-ripoff-ALL-SEASONS-TRAVEL-ASTAR-TRAVEL-WILL-WE-GET-OUR-MONEY-BACK-150774. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ALL SEASONS TRAVEL

GOT OUR MONEY BACK!!

AUTHOR: Gaz - (New Zealand)

After reading about all the poor other people who have been fighting Astar travel for months with no luck at getting their money back I think we were extremely lucky to have had some resolve.
It only took us from the 7 July to the 4 August 2005 to get our money back.

We ran into a problem when my emails were getting blocked by Astar postmaster and then the lady Laura Trotman we were dealing with via email suddenly no longer worked for the company anymore.

We did not give up both my mother & I sent emails everyday sometimes more.
Finally we filled out legal forms and dispute forms with the bank and after informing Astar that this had happened within 24 hours the money was back in my mothers account.

To everyone out there still fighting the battle, do'nt give up email them until their computers jam up, if your in a toll free calling area ring them until they get so sick of you they will be begging you to take your money back!!!!
Cheers Gaz