Complaint Review: ALLCONNECT

• Submitted: Wed, December 07, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, December 13, 2011

• Reported By: SDB — Could be yours, anywhere Minnesota United States of America
ALLCONNECT
Concourse Pkwy, Suite 410 Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

ALLCONNECT THESE SCAMMERS RAN MY CREDIT FOR DIRECT TV WITHOUT MY PERMISSION Atlanta, Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: Allconnect

I called to change my address for service with EXCEL Energy and was transferred to someone asking me if I want to receive any bonus offers. I said OK expecting to receive offers via email or mail.  I didnt anticipate, nor was I told that when I gave my Social Security number to her it was not for verification of my identity, but that my credit would be run by DirecTV.

The whole coversation was based on their fraud - first she confirmed my name & (new)address and asked for SS#. At no time was it obvious that this was not part of the electric utility's operations.

She made no representations to me about running my credit, and at no time did I request any offers to hook-up services such as DirecTV. Imagine how shocked I was when Allconnect emailed me about my new account with them requesting I contact them to get my DirecTv service hooked up.

Eventually, Allconnect offered me $100 for their criminal activity, but instead I contacted a lawyer and am sueing them. They should not be allowed to masquerade as part of a utility company and suck in helpless individuals who may not be monitoring their credit report like I do. Anybody who has also been victimized by Allconnect/DirecTv and who wants to participate in a class action suit may contact me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2011 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ALLCONNECT/Atlanta-Georgia-30328/ALLCONNECT-THESE-SCAMMERS-RAN-MY-CREDIT-FOR-DIRECT-TV-WITHOUT-MY-PERMISSION-Atlanta-Geor-806238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ALLCONNECT

Allconnect

AUTHOR: Allconnect - (United States of America)

We regret that you had a poor experience with Allconnect.  Due to the lawsuit that you filed, we have been advised by our attorney not to respond to your allegations within this forum.  We do invite any person who feels he/she has had a poor experience with Allconnect to visit our web site to contact Customer Service.  We are not perfect, but we take great pride in helping consumers and in trying to make all customer experiences as valuable as possible.