Deegan

• Reported By: Linda — Eugene Oregon United States of America
ALLSTATE INSURANCE COMPANY
3135 West 11th St Eugene, Oregon United States of America

ALLSTATE INSURANCE COMPANY Jim Rodeen Totally Deceptive Eugene, Oregon

Purchased a life insurance policy from Ruby Olson who worked in Jim Rodeen's office here in Eugene, OR.  Everything was done thru Ms. Olson.  I never met Mr. Rodeen until several months later.

Policy was never explained -- big surprise 9 1/2 years later.  My premiums were going to go up at least 4 times.

Was put in touch with Elizabeth Smith who works out of an office in Portland, OR who was going to convert my policy from a Term Life Policy to a different one.  Rates would go up but only about 2 times, which I could handle.  This new policy was on hold until about the spring of this year.  This happened in November, 2009.  Called Ms. Smith right after the first of the year and left a voice message that I needed to cancel my entire policy due to unemployment.  She never returned call.  Policy was not canceled and premium was taken out of my checking account on February 2, 2010.  Called Ms. Smith and she stated that she misunderstood my call and canceled only the policy that was on hold.  (I had said both the original policy and the conversion needed to be canceled).  She also stated that she had shredded my original policy.  To surrender my policy I would need to sign a form and that she would get back to me with the number to call.  It is now April 15, 2010 and I still have not received a call.

Called corporate office and obtained a form which I immediately faxed back to them.  Did not hear anything from them so I called them again on March 1 and they told me that I needed to send them a copy of my driver's license and social security card.  This was not stated in my original call to them in January.  Faxed the info to them on the same day.

Was told a check was cut and mailed to me on March 9, 2010 in the amount of $34.63.  This is ridiculous -- only receiving back 1 premium after 9 1/2 years of paying into this policy.  Have not received anything -- probably never will.

I have been totally ripped offed and deceived by this company and these 3 agents.  To make things even worse, one of these agents was my sister.  I feel so used and violated.  Will never trust Allstate, nor will I recommend any of these agents or this company to anyone for any type of insurance.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2010 05:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ALLSTATE-INSURANCE-COMPANY/Eugene-Oregon-97402/ALLSTATE-INSURANCE-COMPANY-Jim-Rodeen-Totally-Deceptive-Eugene-Oregon-593673. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ALLSTATE INSURANCE COMPANY