Complaint Review: ALLSTATE INSURANCE

• Submitted: Wed, February 18, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, February 18, 2004

• Reported By:Parkesburg Pennsylvania
ALLSTATE INSURANCE
180 SHEREE BLVD EXTON, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

ALLSTATE INSURANCE OLIVER CANNADY DANIEL DOYLE UNFAIR CLAIM PRACTICE FORCED ARBITRATION DENYING CLAIM FOR NO REASON DELAY REFUSAL TO PAY AMOUNT ON POLICY KNOWING ITS CORRECT DECEPTIVE PRACTICES EXTON Pennsylvania

My father was killed in a hit and run accident in 1998. My mother and sister who lived together had policies through ALLSTATE for Bodily Injury Death and Underinsured. ALLSTATE knew there was no fraud involved or anything, he was hit and killed by a hit and run driver and the kid was charged. The insurance laws state that "If there is no fraud the company should pay what is in the policy." Well they got out of it, and apparently do this all the time. This greedy billion dollar company got out of paying my mother, a 65 year old widow a measly $55,000 which is nothing to them, but everything to my mother. My mother was not suing. This was her policy amount in writing that she paid for and was entitled to. Well apparently ALLSTATE has a habit of this practice and we want to sue, and let others know to come forward. I have found so many people who are denied claims that they are righfully entitled to and have paid for. Who drop people when they file a claim even for little things like scratches on a car they try to get repaired. They are a fraudulent company, and the government lets them get away with this.

What they did to my mother falls under every deceptive practice law, and unfair claims, we just need to fight this and not give up, they hope you will and most do.
1. First they told her she didn't need a lawyer, they would fax her a paper and she would notarize it and then send it back.
2. At that point she got a lawyer because they were not telling her anything, but just to sign.
3. After that they took 10 months to even reply to her claim through the attorney, 10 months .
4. Then they offered her substantially less $25,000
5. My mother was desperate and wanted to take this, but it was $30,000 less than the policy amount.
6. They compelled her to go to arbitration after 1 and a half years, by ignoring her, telling her too bad, take our offer or go to arbitration. It took my mother almost 2 years to get nothing or settle for their much less offer.
They charged her for something each month in a policy for that amount she believed she would recieve, then got out of it, by forcing arbitration on her.
The three choices in arbitration were 0 -55000-80000. Where the o came from I will never know. They are crooks, and so are the arbitrators who ruled for this greedy company, she was forced to go to collect her money. This is clear cut fraud. She almost lost her home, and the duress was unbearable. She had lost her husband, that was bad enough, then you get ALLSTATE TO DEAL WITH. I do not know how these guys sleep at night, but I know they are not going to heaven with their money. Please help us sue and get my mothers money, that is rightfully hers. I hear the insurance commissioners do not do anything either, they have something to gain from these greedy companies.

Tina
Parkesburg, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2004 06:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ALLSTATE-INSURANCE/EXTON-Pennsylvania-19341/ALLSTATE-INSURANCE-OLIVER-CANNADY-DANIEL-DOYLE-UNFAIR-CLAIM-PRACTICE-FORCED-ARBITRATION-DE-80809. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ALLSTATE INSURANCE