Complaint Review: ALLSTATE

• Submitted: Thu, April 07, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, January 27, 2006

• Reported By:d North Carolina
ALLSTATE
www.allstate.com Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.A.

ALLSTATE INSURANCE CONTINUES TO SCREW YOU EVEN AFTER YOU CANCEL THE POLICY ripoff Nationwide

*Consumer Suggestion: Info for "M" re insurance/ suspended license

*Consumer Comment: I just filed a rip off report too.

*Consumer Comment: I would never get allstate again

*Consumer Comment: I would never get allstate again

I have been an Allstate customer for almost 9 years, and have never had to file a claim until last November, when my car was broken into, and had some things stolen. We filed the claim, and the window was fixed right away. We also filed a homeowner's claim for the property that was stolen, about a $900 value. They are YET to pay on the claim. They said that since the claim didn't match exactly what was on the police report, they were not going to honor the claim. They also said that we had to provide receipts for the property. Anyone who plays pool knows that this is a cash business. There aren't receipts!

At any rate, they are refusing to pay the claim (of which, they would only have paid out about $400 anyway) but, while we were going back and forth on this, I decided to buy a house (get out of the apartment, get a garage etc.), and I called my Agent VINCENT HOLMES, and asked him for a quote for homeowner's insurance. Even after they were awful about my pool sticks, I was still willing to give them another chance. My agent said that he would call me back by the end of the day...he never called!

I called him 5 weeks later, and he said that I was declined for having ONE claim of $900, which they didn't pay anyway. He said that he would try again and get back to me. He never called back.

SO, I went to another company, and got quoted, and surprise surprise, I didn't have any trouble getting insured. So, apparently, Allstate just didn't want my business. Fine. So I signed up with the other company, and gave notice to Allstate that I was cancelling my claim effective 4/15/05. This date hasn't even come yet, and they are sending me a COLLECTION NOTICE for $63...I am completely, 100% current on my insurance. So, I called to find out why this charge is there, and was told that since I cancelled my policy before the policy was to expire in August, they were KEEPING part of my premium...so not only do they take your money and not pay out on claims, they CHARGE YOU to CANCEL!!!

DON'T do business with Allstate. I think you'll regret it, just like me.

Sarah
Charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2005 08:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ALLSTATE/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28269/ALLSTATE-INSURANCE-CONTINUES-TO-SCREW-YOU-EVEN-AFTER-YOU-CANCEL-THE-POLICY-ripoff-Nationwi-137872. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ALLSTATE

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Info for "M" re insurance/ suspended license

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

This doesn't make sense. You do not have to have insurance to have a driver's license. Likewise, your driver's license does not get suspended for not having insurance.

There is more to the story. Guaranteed.

First, if you keep your addresses updated on your license and registration, you would get a notice from the State of FL on ANY adverse action against you. [I know first hand, as I've been there, and I live in FL].

So, having a license suspended for 3 years without knowing it is absolute B.S.

Here's how it works:

Your insurance lapses, after 10 days the insurance company sends a notice to the State of FL saying you are uninsured. Then, you get a notice from the State of FL that your registration is suspended, blah, blah, blah..and for you to get insurance or turn in the tags to the DMV.

Now, you IGNORE the order and do not provide continuous proof of insurance, OR return the tags as requested, THEN your license gets suspended until issues are satisfied. That is the order of things, and you will get AT LEAST 2 notices in the mail BEFORE your license is suspended.

It is your legal obligation to keep your addresses updated on your driver's license and car registration. Then, this won't happen.

As Paul Harvey would say, Now,you know the rest of the story!

I just filed a rip off report too.

AUTHOR: Curtis - (U.S.A.)

The title of Sarah's report says it all !

I cancelled my Allstate insurance back in September after they did a bait and switch on me.
So I switched back to Safeco.

Today, January 26th, 2006, I get a phone call from a collections company saying that i owe allstate something close to $150.

i just filed a report here and it should be active in a few hours.

stay away from the good hands people.
the only reason i can see they are "good hands" is that they are good at picking your pocket.

I would never get allstate again

AUTHOR: M. - (U.S.A.)

WE had allstate for ..gosh...I think 7 yrs....and then one month they just decided they didn't want to cover us anymore...we never had a car accident...only one teensy fender bender(you know, the kid where someone bumps you hard by accident).

Anyway they dropped us.

My sister had also decided to leave Allstate around the same time(3 yrs ago) and allstate then goes and reports them as uninsured drivers *UNKNOWN* to my sister and BIL!!!Even tho' my sis had already gone and gotten insurance with Geico and has never been without insurance!!!

So for *3* years they have been driving on suspended licenses without even knowing it!!!!!

Well...long story short...my sister gets pulled over for a light out, and wo and behold, she is driving with a suspended license...and she lived in a complete twilight zone nightmare for the next 3 days having to try to fix this, costing her almost a 1000 dollars in fines etc....

I advise anyone with allstate to leave them.
They are bad business...
They used to be good...but not anymore.

I would never get allstate again

AUTHOR: M. - (U.S.A.)

Anyway they dropped us.

I advise anyone with allstate to leave them.
They are bad business...
They used to be good...but not anymore.