• Submitted: Tue, November 19, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, November 19, 2002

• Reported By:tempe az
Mesa, Arizona Nationwide U.S.A.

ALLTEL Wireless fraudulent ripoff billing Mesa Arizona

Dishonest sales tactics, overcharge each month .....

A Frriend of mine told me that Alltel was the cell phone companyto try, said it was great. well I took his advice and gave them a try. they showed me some nice plans and I chose the one I thought would work for me. I got my first bill and they told me I had used more minutes but the bill read that I had used some minutes they had not told me about.

So I called back to inquire and the next agent told me that it wasn't that at all but that I had been charged for 2 months, so it wasn't the promised $39. a month. So after a bit of explaining I sad I would give it one more month, this is that month and now they tell me I owe them $500. this is after they cut off my phone in the middle of this month.

I called to find out what this was all about and the agent asked me if I had not called 2 days ago to try and make some sort of payment plans. I said, no. Because I had not called, as far as I was concerned I had no reason to call. So I called again later after abit of fuming and they insisted that I had made over $500 worth of calls and it wasn't even the middle of the month. today is the 19th of the month and I have not used the phone for 5 days now. They still insist that it is my problem. So I say to you dear reader do not use ALLTEL if you don't want a headache.

Tempe, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2002 08:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ALLTEL-CELL-PHONE-COMPANY/nationwide/ALLTEL-Wireless-fraudulent-ripoff-billing-Mesa-Arizona-35720. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ALLTEL// CELL PHONE COMPANY