Complaint Review: ALLTEL Wireless Phone Company

• Reported By:Oro Valley Arizona
ALLTEL Wireless Phone Company
Tucson, Arizona U.S.A.

ALLTEL Wireless Phone Company Alltel 's Nationwide rip-off Tucson Arizona

My wife and I are business owners and switched from our cell phone company due to bad reception in the outer Tucson area. We chose to use Alltel due to their nationwide and family plans that are advertised so well.

Boy did we get taken.

My calls were very static, many times no one could hear me,even when I was across the street my calls were dropped alot and I was charged 35 cents a minute for every minute over the included minutes,even triple charged if I tried a call 3 times in the same minute thats $1.05 per minute and that is a total rip-off.

The first bill was high so I called and was informed that It was due to new service and extra days in the first month of service.

The next bill was really high so I called and asked to review the bill and found a major error .we were being billed additionally for services that were already included in the price of the plan. I also asked to raise our minutes due to the high amount of used minutes and busy summer months ahead and was assured all would be handled.

The next bill was large,but contained a correction over $100 from the previous month,I then called and asked about my minutes being raised and found out no one had done that and now It would be taken care of.

This month I received a bill over $400,I called and was basically told that I never asked to raise my minutes and that the correction to my overbilling was stil not right.
In frustration of having so many problems I asked that my bill be reviewed and corrected and my account cancelled due to poor service.

The reply from Alltel was "you can not break the contract and will be charged an additional $400.00 to do so.
Even after speaking with a manager who would not give his name I was told "You have to honor the contract" or pay $837.00 .

I feel that Altel has failed to honor the contract by providing horrible service after three months of day late business messages static and dropped calls,failure to raise my minutes at an additional charge after three requests to do so and terrible customer service.

Alltel did agree to raise my minutes now but not for the past months as requested,they refuse to admit a breakdown in customer care. and basically called me a liar.how can I believe them or do business with them now?

Alltel should release me from my contract without penalty and admit they have major problems in customer service.
This has to be the worst service I have ever experienced.

I know there must be thousands out there with the same story,I hope I can keep at least a few of you from getting ripped off by Alltel.

Who is out there to help the american people and defend us against big business with big lawyers with little or no integrity ?

What ever happened to good customer service and honest companies ?

Joseph
Oro Valley, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2003 09:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ALLTEL-Wireless-Phone-Company/Tucson-Arizona/ALLTEL-Wireless-Phone-Company-Alltel-s-Nationwide-rip-off-Tucson-Arizona-58599. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ALLTEL Wireless Phone Company