Complaint Review: ALLTEL

• Submitted: Sat, January 07, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, January 07, 2006

• Reported By:OKC Oklahoma
ALLTEL
P.O.Box 68055 Anaheim Hills, California U.S.A.

ALLTEL ripoff Anaheim Hills California

While under contract to AT&T , ALLTEL bought them out. My contract with AT&T was due to expire in November 2006 , ALLTEL decided to prematurely cancel my contract ; since they alleged I was no longer under contract to AT&T, said contract cancellation was to take place on Dec. 28, 2005 (one year early). At which time my AT&T service would be terminated because there would be no more AT&T sertvice available,leaving me without service for the last year of my original contract. Being a union plumber I could not afford to lose my service connection over the holiday season, I could lose my job or potentially be fired for the employer not being able to contact me. I investigated options and found that the best offer ALLTEL had would have cut my minutes to one third of what they had been,at the same price. Which was unacceptable. So on Dec.17,2005; with the holidal season approaching; Iwent to T-mobile to change my service.

My allegation is that since ALLTEL was unable to honor my original contract that they purchased, by prematurely cancelling me out; I should not owe a 175$ cancellation fee.If they cancelled my contract with AT&T when they were purchased,then I was not under contract. I never signed any contract with ALLTEL,nor did I verbally agree to one.

Charles
OKC, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2006 09:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ALLTEL/Anaheim-Hills-California-92817-8055/ALLTEL-ripoff-Anaheim-Hills-California-170803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ALLTEL