Complaint Review: ALLTEL

• Submitted: Thu, February 21, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, February 21, 2008

• Reported By:Marthaville Louisiana
ALLTEL
Kieser, Natchitoches, La. Natchitoches, Louisiana U.S.A.

ALLTEL Showed and Sold me a phone plan with a map of where I can use my phone without roaming charges Natchitoches Louisiana

Alltel salesman sold me a phone plan using a map to illustrate where I could use my phone without any long distance charges. I never left the shaded area of the map, and there were long distance and roaming charges on my first bill. I went back to the saleman and was informed that the charges were for roaming. I told him that I did not leave the shaded area of the map and he told me that I should had been watching for the roaming signal and that the map means nothing. The fact is, he used the map to sell me this particular plan and now deny's doing so. I was never informed of a roaming signal and was told that as long as I stay in the shaded area of the map, I will recieve no extra charges.

End result, I gave the phone back and they are charging me $400 dollars for breaking the contract. I think I've been RIPPED OFF.

Dmc
Marthaville, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2008 02:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ALLTEL/Natchitoches-Louisiana-71455/ALLTEL-Showed-and-Sold-me-a-phone-plan-with-a-map-of-where-I-can-use-my-phone-without-roam-310892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ALLTEL