Complaint Review: ALLTEL

• Submitted: Fri, March 05, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, March 05, 2004

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
www.alltel.com Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

ALLTEL Rip-off! Really bad service and communication, from a company that is in the communication business!Phoenix Arizona

I answered an advertisement by ALLTEL for Motorola T720 phones. I activate two lines. One line, the phone kept disconnecting and the battery would discharge after about 3 minutes of use. I returned phone for service two days after purchase. They would not replace it but offered to send it out to Motorola for service. After the phone was returned, it continued. The ALLTEL store manager allowed return of phone.

The second phone also was having trouble disconnecting. I told her I would keep the phone and allow my daughter to use it for emergencies only. Well, the first time she used phone, she called me because she had missed school bus, but could not continue conversation because it disconnected and she tried to call me back, but the phone was dead. I tried to call her to only get a Voice Message. Anyway, I am disabled, and rushed to get over to school to find her. When I got there, I could not find her. I tried to get up some stairs and fell bursting the burro sac in my left elbow.

I called ALLTEL and had the phone disconnected. They sent me a $200.00 disconnect fee. I called the Disconnect Department and spoke with Jennifer who transferred me to Mike in Charlotte, NC. He was setting up for the return of the phone, when we were disconnected, I called back and talked with Jennifer again. She then forwarded me to Gene at extension 4095. He chose to tell me to return the phone to the manager of the Metro Center store and she would be advised to credit the account.

I went to the store, the manager would not do anything! She called and talked to Jennifer and was told there were no Gene's that worked in the disconnect department. Well this is getting real interesting now! I called back and spoke to Anthony at the Ohio Call Center and he said that NC location does not have a disconnect departmen and told me to take the phone back and have the manager send it out for service or I would have to pay the fee. I told him that I was through taking the ALLTEL ride and wanted to get off now! I am disputing this charge wherever it shows up! This is really bad service and communication, from a company that is in the communication business!

Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2004 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ALLTEL/Phoenix-Arizona/ALLTEL-Rip-off-Really-bad-service-and-communication-from-a-company-that-is-in-the-commun-82918. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ALLTEL