My client requested a quote to transport a yacht across country from Allure Logistics, (Talia Enzer ) owner agent. She seemed nice enough and gave a decent quote ($14,700)which would later be raised. Here is how it went. The yacht was taken apart (4 days of work and thousands of dollars labor) and made ready to be picked up. The driver showed up on time as per the contract (which is now broken as the boat could not be loaded on the trailer) however ,,,,,
1. The Truck and Trailer he was using was Not correct for the load. (Allure after receiving the factory specs on the boat i.e. the weight @24,000 lbs dry ) sent the wrong truck and the wrong trailer. The truck was a dually and the trailer was a home made piece of junk with bald tires and three 7000 pound axles from Harbor Freight or ?, No GVWR sticker on the trailer no ratings . (The front tires of the Truck was also Bald). [continued below]....
The truck had smashed out windows covered in trash bags. The rear dually fenders were broken and hanging on by a thread. Allure states that they have shipped 100 boats with this same truck and trailer and driver . (A Bold Faced Lie at best ). Allure stated they have seen this carriers truck and trailer (That is Really Scary) Pictures of Rig and Trailer available....
2. The trailer would have never made it through the weigh stations. We called D.O.T. and referred the driver to go to the D.O.T. office locally and get inspected, and return with an A .O.K. from D.O.T. He refused to do so.
3. Upon me calling the Insurance Carrier for this driver the Agent told me that he had No Insurance whatsoever and that he had been Cancelled. The driver tried to con me with a friend of his on the phone saying that his insurance was good. The driver was covered from head to toe in grease and dirt. He refused to leave the yard and continued to harass us until we were going to call security to have him removed from the premises. Incredible attitude from this Middle Easterner........He refused to take No for an answer. I guess he thought he was home.
4. Talia Enzer the owner of the company (Allure Logistics) told the owner of the boat that we had told her the vessel weighed 16,000 lbs.T his is a total lie as e mails in our records indicate that she received all of the proper specs to ship the boat. She either wanted to try and use a cheap carrier and make a ton of money or hasn't a clue as to what she is doing.
5. The company (Allure Logistics ) and Talia Enzer now Refuse to give us back the $3000.00 deposit given to her in good faith. She also is trying to jack up the shipping quote another $5000.00 . This is due to her un ethical business practices. The original quote $14,700 . The trucker said he charged her $10,000. At hat pint the greedy company was making $4700.00 ? Now they want another $5k ? You do he math.
6. Now the problem is that the vessel is sitting in a yard ready to ship with no transport. Allure is saying they are re scheduling , the problem is that they cannot make any money on it now and they are trying to jack us up. I have a bonafide quote from a reputable company for $15k. Allure refuses to return our deposit so we can book the new shipper.
Do Not Use Allure Shipping , as they will lure you in and rip you off. We still at this point are waiting fro them to do he right thing and return the deposit. Keep in mind. If they were for real they would Require No Deposit until the boat was loaded on the truck.
I'am imbedded in the boat business and know hundreds of yacht brokers etc. I can assure you that if Allure does not take responsibility for their actions and return the deposits I will be motivated to let everyone know coast to coast how Allure does business.