Complaint Review: ALLY BANK

• Updated: Thu, March 27, 2014

• Reported By: Thomas — sumter South Carolina
ALLY BANK
HORSHAM, Pennsylvania USA

ALLY BANK Kathi k ( loss prevention) Kathi in loss prevention was very rude and refuse to close my checking account! HORSHAM Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: No Robert.What you are saying is not true!

*Consumer Comment: They are right..

I open an Interest checking account online at Ally bank on March 24,2014.I made my first deposit by scanning a check.Received an email two days later stating that someone changed my phone pin,(a phone pin that I never received, by the way) when I called to speak to a representative, I was told to contact Kathi.K, in the loss prevention department.I called her and ask to have my account closed but she informed me that all I had to do was verify my identity by emailing a copy of my i.d and ss card and also a bill.The next day I decided that I didn't want to do business with this bank and wanted to close the account.Kathi was very rude to me and told me that I could not close the account without sending the information she requested.I informed her that she could not keep my money and she told me that she could keep it, until I send the information she requested because she did't know who I am.I reminded her that I answered all of the i.d verification questions asked when opening the account and if there was a problem with my identification ,then why was the account approved and opened? after asking her those questions she told  me that I created those questions (Huh?).I was shocked when she said that.There is no way in hell that she can refuse to close my account and not refund my money.I told her that I will file a complaint with the BBB,the Attorney General and the FDIC.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2014 09:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ALLY-BANK/HORSHAM-Pennsylvania/ALLY-BANK-Kathi-k-loss-prevention-Kathi-in-loss-prevention-was-very-rude-and-refuse-to-1134320. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ALLY BANK

No Robert.What you are saying is not true!

AUTHOR: Thomas - ()

The email I received concerning the phone pin being change was a lie, told by Kathi.K because I never received nor set up a phone pin.When I spoke to Kathi I told her about the email and about the so called phone pin that I never received nor set up .She told me that she did that,that she sent the email and that it wasn't actually about the phone pin.I don't know why she had to lie about it but she did.That was very unprofessional of her. What type of bank or they running where the employee have to lie about someone changing a phone pin just to get the customer to call to only be told that their account is under review and their online account is being blocked!When I asked to have my account closed,she became very loud and rude and told me no!that she was not going to close the account.She must have thought she was talking to her husband or her child because no so- called professional person should talk to a customer in that tone and lie to them!

They are right..

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

You have reported an Identity Theft issue with the bank.   Apparently someone knows enough information to be able to change your information.  Oh and what was that information..the information they asked when you opened your account.  So yes, it is actually correct and for your protection to make sure that the right person gets the money.

The reason there was no issue when you opened your account is because there was no identity dispute.