Complaint Review: ALLstate Insurance

• Submitted: Sat, February 05, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, February 05, 2011

• Reported By: Rob Burdette — Union Bridge Maryland Virgin Islands (US)
ALLstate Insurance
7 Margaret Ave Essex, Maryland United States of America

ALLstate Insurance Don't you just love it when a company charges your card and gives you NOTHING? Essex, Maryland

I bought a policy over the phone from ALLstate 2 weeks ago.  To this date, I have no proof of insurance for my motorcycle.  They had problems telling me over the phone if I did, or did not have a policy with them.

I checked my credit card statement, it shows as charge to ALLstate on the day I bought the policy.  Every time I call they send me to a different number that does not have hours on Sunday or Saturday evening making me wait even longer to find out whats going on.

When I call the number they refer me to, I'm sent to ENCOMPASS insurance and not ALLstate.  I understand that the policy may be owned by encompass, but not a single person has yet to tell me this from ALL state.

After the 2nd of getting the runaround from one of their people over the phone, I told them I wanted to speak to a supervisor.  She said that I should fight the charge with my credit card company.

I think its unbelievable that not only did they charge my card without following up with me, they didn't tell me who the policy is with, (I had no idea since the word encompass never was brought up expect for them I called the number they dump me off to) they can't give me proof of insurance, AND they want me to cancel the CC charge instead of wanting my business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2011 08:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ALLstate-Insurance/Essex-Maryland-/ALLstate-Insurance-Dont-you-just-love-it-when-a-company-charges-your-card-and-gives-you-691418. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ALLstate Insurance