Complaint Review: ALPHA PRODUCTS - A.P.I, GET SCOOTERS

• Submitted: Wed, December 19, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, December 19, 2007

• Reported By:muscle shoals Alabama
ALPHA PRODUCTS - A.P.I, GET SCOOTERS
Ebay Seller Id: Lotaphones Des Moines, Iowa U.S.A.

ALPHA PRODUCTS - A.P.I - GET SCOOTERS - Lotaphones ebay ID sent X560 BLACK X-TREME SCOOTER scratched, broken--no refund or exchanges they say. getting w/ Paypal dispute center Des Moines Iowa

I ordered a black X560 Fas X-treme scooter for my son's Christmas present. The day it arrived, the box was beat up--went ahead and opened it, item was scratched several places BAD, the little luggage box on the back was broken, the square pockets where the screws go into the scooter to bolt down the seat were broken off. The wheels were scuffed. I called IMMEDIATELY after we opened the box to let them know. I asked them to please send a call tag for this and send me out another NEW NON BROKEN scooter, they said NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES! I told them the item hasnt even been on my property more than 45 min and not even put together. It was damaged either by the shipping company or by them, whoever did it was not my concern, I ordered a NEW scooter and I wanted it. They said they would send me parts to replace it. I told them I was not a scooter technician nor did I think when I was purchasing a so-called NEW scooter, that I would be replacing parts as soon as I got it.

They still refused so I contacted PAYPAL which thank goodness I went thru. I filed a dispute so they are working on this situation. They told me to send the item back to seller like it came--which I did and I also had the shipping company pick it up and bill them since this is the good part----I paid $150.00 shipping fee for the piece of crap AND that amount included $10.00 which was of shipping insurance--in which that would cover over a $1000.00 item.

I have many pictures of any of you would like to email me, I will be glad to show you. I can not believe businesses can do something like this. No refunds or exchanges---basically whatever arrives even if they ship you a used piece of crap or crap in a bucket----you are screwed no matter what. I hope Paypal helps me out on this. It is now 6 days til Christmas and I have to look for a good scooter for my son. Even though I will be short $354.00 of my Christmas fund.

Whatever you do, do NOT buy from these idiots, scammers--- they are on ebay ebay id: lotaphones, known as GetScooters!, A.P.I, and also known as Alpha Products. BEWARE bigtime

Skateboard momma
muscle shoals, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2007 09:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ALPHA-PRODUCTS-API-GET-SCOOTERS/Des-Moines-Iowa/ALPHA-PRODUCTS-API-GET-SCOOTERS-Lotaphones-ebay-ID-sent-X560-BLACK-X-TREME-SCOOTER-293111. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ALPHA PRODUCTS - A.P.I, GET SCOOTERS