• Report: #301908

• Submitted: Sun, January 20, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, January 20, 2008

• Reported By:reading Pennsylvania
AL'S HANDYMAN SERVICE - AL'S SERVICES - ALTAIR CONINCK
1656 BRYNNE LN. POTTSTOWN, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

AL'S HANDYMAN SERVICE - ALTAIR CONINCK DID NOT HONOR CONTRACT . LIED ABOUT EXPERTISE OF HIS WORKERS,UNSATISFACTORY AND INCOMPLETED WORK, TOOK THE MONEY AND RAN. UNSAT POTTSTOWN Pennsylvania

I hired Mrs. Conick to clean our house my husband and my 91 yr. and 89 yr. old parents moved into.
I wanted to add a bathroom and finish the basement into a family room.

Mrs. Connick sugested her husband. Mr. Connick, saying he was a proffessional contractor, he came to the house and showed us pictures of his other projects.
He had workers from his homeland Brazil who were professionals at construction , elec. plumbing etc.
He said theycould put in the acustic tiles , elect. and the bathroom.

He brought a contract that we signed in oct . and the work was to be completed by xmas.
We had to furnish the materials.
This was a nightmare!

I explained to Mr. Conick that I needed him to be on the site . That we had a former contractor who did sloppy work . He promised he would be here.
That never happened. His men could not speak or understand English.

They put the woter lines in backwords, They tils where put in to tight. and off line. .They never finished the puuting the electric recepticals or thier plates in place. They took my grandmothers antique kitchen table outside and then used it to as a table saw. They took a leaf from the table cut it and used it for the header for the makeshift bathroom door.

They put the tiles out. side in the elements. They constantly never came when scheduled because he was doing other projects.

They have never completed the work. They never pulled permits. We paid a total of $17,000 .

I tried to contact him over and over again. The contract says that he is fully insured. We asked for him to have his insurance agent contact ours to no avail.

They took my husbands tools and supplies. Being the caregiver for my parents and my husband working sometimes 80 hr. a week .
We were an easy mark.

How can anyone live with themselves knowing they have conned they family and 91 and 89 year old from their life savings.

To add insult to the injury his wifes cleaning crew threw out papers of most importance out in the trash . Also my grandmothers hand written cookie reciepes.

Candace
reading, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2008 07:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ALS-HANDYMAN-SERVICE-ALS-SERVICES-ALTAIR-CONINCK/POTTSTOWN-Pennsylvania-19464/ALS-HANDYMAN-SERVICE-ALTAIR-CONINCK-DID-NOT-HONOR-CONTRACT-LIED-ABOUT-EXPERTISE-OF-HI-301908. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AL'S HANDYMAN SERVICE - AL'S SERVICES - ALTAIR CONINCK