Complaint Review: ALSO SHOP - The Discrimnating Shoppers' Destination Ms. Lynette Jester, AlsoShop.com

• Submitted: Tue, August 11, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, September 09, 2009

• Reported By:White Mississippi
www.alsoshop.com Internet U.S.A.

ALSO SHOP - The Discrimnating Shoppers' Destination Ms. Lynette Jester/Site Administrator, AlsoShop.com online auction site took my $2.50 vertify fee to sell. And offer bad service practices to new seller. No response from Ms. Lynette Jester-Owner Internet

* : Account Issues Resolved Report 478499

* : AlsoShop.com

On July 31, 2009 I signed up for a new seller account with http://www.alsoshop.com. This is an online auction which pride itself on being one of good 100% free auction site to sell without any listing fees and only pay a $2.50 amount a small fee to vertify a new seller's account. And if, I knew that the site administrator Ms. Lynette Jester was not going to deal fairly with me as a new seller and keep my $2.50 verification fee no matter how small and still cannot sell anything. I would have avoided this auction site. Ebay.com fees are high but I do receive an email back or a response to my questions asked without any problems and the problems are resolved.

I have been having too many problems with my password that I created to access my seller's account. And requesting a new password or my old one since August 9, 2009 have been ignored. And I have 2 times emailed Mrs. Lynette Jester and went to the site www.alsoshop.com 3 or 4 times about this issue with my password not accessing my approved account. So, I cannot list any item to sell or access my account which have been approved and Ms. Jester email me of my approval. This is bad business practices and bad customer service to any seller. I thought this was a good company and I read about in 1 or 2 forums. Never thought this would happen by AlsoShop.com keeping my money and not emailing me a new or my ld password. I want my $2.50 amount to vertify my account to be given back to me if I cannot sell anything. And notified my account have been closed.

White, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2009 12:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ALSO-SHOP-The-Discrimnating-Shoppers-Destination-Ms-Lynette-Jester-AlsoShopcom/internet/ALSO-SHOP-The-Discrimnating-Shoppers-Destination-Ms-Lynette-JesterSite-Administrator-478499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ALSO SHOP - The Discrimnating Shoppers' Destination Ms. Lynette Jester, AlsoShop.com

Account Issues Resolved Report 478499

AUTHOR: merchant.village@yahoo.com - (U.S.A.)

September 9, 2009

To:  RipOffReport

From: Detector55

As of September  9, 2009 and since August 21, 2009 any  account

problems with AlsoShop.com has been resolved or handled

by Ms. Lynette and at 1st there's was a misunderstanding.

But the account problems or seller account problems are now

resolved and any other situations have been handled properly.

AUTHOR: AlsoShop - (USA)

An account was indeed opened on July 31, 2009, with this person's credentials. And I did receive emails regarding lost password and these emails were answered as was every email this member or any other member has sent.

The lost password retrieval was tested and functioned perfectly in our tests. However, the automation process of retrieving passwords does not work when the member does not use the proper username, and numerous emails show that this member did not know which username was used. The temporary password will only be sent to that username on file and the email address on the registered account.

All emails received from this member were answered within a timely manner, some were merged and answered in one email, only the 'lost password' retrievals and related emails seem to have been not received by this member, causing me to use other methods to make contact.. and only when the lost password retrieval set by myself to be sent to this member, did they receive it. Numerous email exchanges, yet this member could not receive a password reset or related emails. And only when I used a web email account did communications resume regarding the lost password retrival. We had numerous email exchanges prior to and subsequent the lost password incident.

However, I cannot be held responsible for a member not remembering their user name or log-in, nor for undelivered, misdirected or ignored emails, nor a members inability to follow simple directions in the use of the site.

The member has accessed his/her account on 8-17-09, at 02:17:40 EDT and has listed items for sale.

As of this writing, 941 other members have used AlsoShop.com for selling and buying, without this issue and without having to be reported as a scammer.

Futhermore, AlsoShop is not 100% free, nor do we state it is, we do state it is free to list, all sellers must be verifed via paypal and there are enhancement, upgrades, and sales commission fees.