Complaint Review: ALi Express

• Submitted: Wed, January 16, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, January 21, 2013

• Reported By: Macks — smallville Illinois United States of America
ALi Express

ALi Express Alibaba.com This web site will NOT provide any type of buyer protection Internet

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: They made good on one refund so far.

*General Comment: DO NOT SOLICIT Alibaba, AliExpress.com

*UPDATE Employee: Update from Alibaba

The web site wil a total rip off.  There is no buyer protection, you can not return anything for a refund.  Total rip off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2013 07:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ALi-Express/internet/ALi-Express-Alibabacom-This-web-site-will-NOT-provide-any-type-of-buyer-protection-Intern-997719. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ALi Express

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

They made good on one refund so far.

AUTHOR: Not Happy - ()

We will see if they refund me on the next. Too bad I had to complain to get some attention. On the AliExpress web site it is very difficult to get any attention for the accounting issues they have. THE BEST way to get attention is email to: BUYER@ALIEXPRESS.COM. I did get a reply. USING the web site refund process is a joke.  Communicae going back and forth. Wasted many hours with this and the vendors. Orders get cancelled, get confused with other orders. Amounts get misconstrued with other orders. Orders $ amounts get confused...ITS CONFUSINGLY CONFUSED!!!  Vendors and AliExpress have issues with accounting/refunding processes. Probably lies on ALiExpess accounting end. Still waiting for another refund. Wrote this in fairness to ALiExpress but they still have one to go. Will update this if they come through.

Swewwwwh!!!!

Daniel

#2 General Comment

DO NOT SOLICIT Alibaba, AliExpress.com

AUTHOR: Not Happy - ()

I have puchased many items from these web sites. So far I have lost over $40 dollars. They cancel orders and pocket your money. I was supposed to be refunded on one order and I was given part of my money back. At first everything was ok. But now things are different. For buyers please be aware of these problems. I will no longer buy from them. Go to E B A Y or somewhere else, where Pay Pal or something can back up your purchase. Just trying to help others.

Oh and trying to resolve things are a joke. They say they have buyer protection. What a laugh. You cannot contact anyone except the system they have in place. AND it doesnt work!!

Daniel

Update from Alibaba

AUTHOR: Molly - (United Kingdom)

Hello Macks

My name is Molly and I am a senior manager of international corporate affairs at Alibaba Group.

I was sorry to see that you were having problems with one of the suppliers that you found on AliExpress. The fastest way to get resolution to your problem is to raise a dispute via your account on our platform -  it reaches our customer service people quickly and they can then begin investigating your problem.  Have you used it?  If not, log into your Alibaba account and go here: http://channel.alibaba.com/complaint/home.htm?tracelog=newschp_help_complaint. It's pretty easy to fill out the form.

If you do this and do not hear back within a few days, you may also contact our U.S. customer service at 1-888-983-1688 or by email at smallbizhelp@service.alibaba.com.

I hope that this helps your problem and again, I am sorry that you have had problems using our platform. If you would like to learn more about our various buyer protection programs such as escrow payment protection, please visit http://www.aliexpress.com/buyerprotection/index.html for more info.

Best regards,