Complaint Review: Pivotal Payments | Ripoff Report Verified™ ..businesses you can trust. Commitment to customer satisfaction. nationwide credit & debit card processing, clearing & settlement, gift, loyalty, store value card programs, terminal management solutions, electronic check processing.

• Submitted: Fri, November 02, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, November 13, 2012

• Reported By: Lisa Business Onwer — Tyler Texas United States of America
AM Payment also knows as Pivotal Payments
Plano TX Internet United States of America

Pivotal Payments REVIEW: Pivotal Payments commitment to customer satisfaction, Pivotal Payments has implemented strategic changes to proactively enhance client satisfaction and the speed of their customer service response time. The company is focused on improving its clients’ payment processing methods, resulting in 100% satisfaction.
*UPDATE: Recognized by Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Program as a safe business service – Pivotal Payments pledges to always resolve any issues, feel safe, confident & secure when doing business with Pivotal Payments. Ripoff Report Verified™

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW:

EDitor’s UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to Pivotal Payments for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Report’s discussions with Pivotal Payments have uncovered an ongoing commitment by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns.  The company listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

Pivotal Payments is Rip-off Report Verified
Ripoff Report Verified™ .. part of Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business..
The information provided in this report is based on comments made by Louis Georgakakis and  Patrick Huynh during an interview held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Pivotal Payments.

Pivotal Payments is a merchant service provider that helps their clients accept credit cards and also provides affiliate products such as software and terminals. Their target markets are in small to medium companies that are generally brick and mortar business. Currently, the company works in the United States and Canada and is looking to break into European markets this year. Pivotal Payments feels they have a competitive edge in the market place because they are constantly adding to, enhancing and increasing their product lines. Recently they have added the Pivotal 360, Pivotal 1, and Term Protection programs to help provide customers further options in services needed. The company also notes that they feel their customer service sets them apart and they have invested heavily in this department.

Louis Georgakakis stated, “The company’s core values are based on commitment, growth, entrepreneurialism and building relationships. Pivotal is committed to always doing the right thing, quickly, efficiently and to the best of its abilities. The company’s employees have the courage to take responsibility for all issues and learn from these issues to enhance the company. Employees are nimble, open and flexible to new ideas, innovation and technology to deliver on current and future opportunities. Pivotal understands that thousands of people and businesses across North America depend on them for their livelihood. We strive to build everlasting relationships with partners, customers, employees and suppliers to help the achieve mutual goals.”

In order to make Pivotal Payment’s feel they are having the best customer service possible, they state that they have a 24/7 customer service staff available, opportunities to be released from cancellation fees associated with contracts, a knowledge based management team and cross training amongst their staff. In regards to the company’s internal processes, Patrick Huynh stated the company is, “Continually working on customer service calls to be under an average of 30 seconds and we are working to enhance the quality of information communicated to the customer by cross training our staff. We also work to have proactive retention within our customer service meaning that we try to work with customers to solve issues before a complaint arises.”

Pivotal Payments states that they try to work with clients to satisfy all of their concerns within reason when working with them to discover a solution. Through this, the company states they can usually retain about 95% of their clients when concerns arise. The company works to help resolve customer’s pricing concerns by matching competitor’s pricing within reason when working with existing customers. One of the largest areas of concerns that has been brought to the company’s attention is in regards to an early termination fee being too high. To remedy this, the company has developed a Low Merchant Termination Policy that fee is about half of what it was previously. The Low Merchant Termination Policy addresses customers whose volume is lower and accounts for approximately 90% of Pivotal Payment’s business. The company states that they generally handle about 1200 customer cases per month where they make sure to address and review pricing options.

Louis Georgakakis stated, “We are happy to be a part of the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program because it gives us a reason to be proactive with client concerns. Ripoff Report allows us the opportunity to know who the customers are that have concerns and get them all the information needed to address the issue.” The company notes that the customers are entering into a legal agreement with Pivotal Payments and that is something that is taken into consideration when handling complaints. Because of Ripoff Report and other complaints the company has received in the past, their standard policy is that a customer can cancel their services without a fee if Pivotal Payments is unable to provide appropriate solutions to do whatever it takes to make the client happy.

A top executive of the company told us that their vision is “to be a top tier North American Merchant Services Provider by creating a meaningful contribution to its clients, partners, employees, suppliers and shareholders.” Pivotal Payments’ mission statement says it all: "Our mission is to provide valued processing solutions which make a positive material impact to the businesses of our merchants and partners across North America."  Some of the other things Rip-off Report learned in the course of its investigation: typical customer feedback reads:  "Switching to Pivotal was the best move for my business! We were able to save money with no hassles." As well as, “Going with Pivotal Payments has been a great move since they offer good rates and service. I would recommend them to other merchants."

PIVOTAL PAYMENTS / "The company has implemented a sales compliance position to ensure that sales channels meet our internal standards as well industry regulations," explained Patrick Huynh, Vice-President of Client Services. "Our service levels have also improved tremendously over the past year and continue to do so as we proactively listen to the needs of our clients and respond rapidly to any and all concerns."

"We joined the Corporate Advocacy Program in order to better understand our clients’ issues and should they arise, react faster to address them," said Louis Georgakakis, Director of Marketing. "Our client care department’s improved response time, thorough compliance with industry regulations and greater customer satisfaction levels are all a testament to the hard work each and every employee at Pivotal has performed in order to accomplish our mission."

Pivotal Payments takes employee satisfaction seriously as well.  The company’s Youtube channel boasts several videos of its employees indicating their level of engagement and empowerment to helping the company reach its goals and developing better relationships with clients. One such video is from Eric, a Relationship Manager, who states "the best part for me about working here at Pivotal Payments, hands down, is making that little difference in my merchant's day." The comraderie experienced through these short clips makes it evident the close-knit unit at Pivotal Payments is dedicated not only to helping their merchant clients succeed, but helping each other grow as individuals.

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM PIVOTAL PAYMENTS.

Paying close attention to feedback from customers and taking their concerns seriously.

Implementation of a fairer, flat early termination fee for all small merchants leaving a contract early.

Transparent pricing models both on the merchant application and in the terms of service.

Auto boarding process that gets a payment terminal to a merchant within 48 hours of application submission.

Maintaining an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) for over a year and counting.

24/7 service available in both English and French with well trained, dedicated professionals.

Proactive outreach via survey to customers to ensure their concerns are heard and their feedback used to improve.

Pivotal Payments recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report are issues to be seriously addressed.  If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Report’s investigation, Pivotal Payments has made organizational changes allowing its clients and employees a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience.

In summary, after our investigation, which included discussions with Mr. Huynh, Mr. Georgakakis and many of the company’s past and current associates, Rip-off Report is convinced that Pivotal Payments is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, it’s a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike. Read about Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,.. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

As a matter of policy, when a business becomes a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program they agree to allow Ripoff Report to contact every client who filed a complaint so they can make things right with them.  In order to confirm that the complaints were resolved, Ripoff Report is copied on all responses so we can insure that the member business did right by their customer ..

Pivotal Payments - Client Review - Babylon Fish & Clam

Pivotal Payments - Client Review - Astor Wines & Spirits

Pivotal Payments - Client Review - Cafe Picasso

Pivotal Payments - Client Testimonial - Garderie Manyl Inc

Pivotal Payments - Client Review - BECQ Security Group

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED
----------------------------------------------

AM Payment also knows as Pivotal Payments Pivotal Merchant payment also knows as AM Payments. and Ryan Mitchell they are a scam. Internet

IF YOU GET A CALL FROM PIVITOL PAYMENTS OR AM PAYMENTS THEY ARE A SCAM... They tell you that they give you wholesale rates on merchant processing , they even send their website for you to check it out and yes it says WHOLESALE and then they said they wil take care of the last processor and al llies.. They are a scam. I spent time away from my job to talk to lady called Ryan Mitchell, she asked me to send my previous statement so she woudl do a rate adjustment.. Told me no contract, they only charge wholesale rates but I thnk what she meant was that they charge the entire sale and keep it.. I ended up paying 10% and when I called for them to explain why my bill was 200.00 higher than my previous prosessor they told me I had higher volume, I pulled up a statement from my previous processor thathad the same volume, 2 sales less and AM payments is 8% higher, when I called asking for Ryan Mitchell to go over reasons why what she told me and what I am being charged is not the same, they put me on hold for 5 minutes.. I had to hang up.. I called the next day and again they put me on hold, I actually gave my son the phone and told him to yell at me when they got on the line.. 45 mintes later we were still on hold.. I called from my second phone and asked for a manager, not mentioning who I was and who answered the phone "This I Ryan Mitchell" and I said "Ryan Im waiting for your answer on my business line, can you please answer  cos I've been on hold for 50 minutes now" She hung up.. I asked my husband to call and ask for a manager, we got someone else on the phone and they pretty much told me that I can't get out of the contract and if I want to get out I have to pay "Liquidated damages". how much they would have made on my account for the period of conrtact which by the way before I singned teh paperwork and read it thoroughly I asked if there was a contract and for how long and they said "oh no contract its on a month to month bases" again all my calls are recorded so I asked that "manager" "so how much is your Liquidated Damages goint o cost me " and she said "oh around $6000.00".. I hung up the phone and I am livid.. IF PIVITOL OR AM PAYMENTS CALL YOU PLEASE HANG UP AND DO NOT TAKE THEIR CALLS.. I called my processor I had prior to Pivitol and I took all the legal means I have to leave AM Processing and return to my old processor. When I explained what had happened, they told me that they will gladdly took my business back....
Doin some research I found out that the reason why Pivotal changed the name to AM Paymets is because Pivotal Payments has 3 calls lawsuits and they are an outsource business..
BTW I called Cosnumer Protection Act as well as the attorney and they will go after them for many reasons but also fro FALSE ADVERTISING.. They are NOT a wholesale processor they are a 4th party processor who loves to lie, get you to sign, forge some signatures and then screw you up..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2012 12:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AM-Payment-also-knows-as-Pivotal-Payments/internet/AM-Payment-also-knows-as-Pivotal-Payments-Pivotal-Merchant-payment-also-knows-as-AM-Payme-963827. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AM Payment also knows as Pivotal Payments

To Mrs.Lisa

AUTHOR: ryan mitchell - (United States of America)

First off ma'am--i have no idea who you are but you have my direct line number if you've talked to me--i've never talked to you before---i've never told anyone that they would be on a month to month anything. i am NOT a rude person that hangs up in clients face. I tell anyone that signs up with us that that you can contact me at anytime--why in the world would we put our business in jeporady over your business??

I don't even use words like "re-adjust"--if ive actually talked to you then i explained to you how processing works. If you sent in your processing statement to be analyzed then that means you felt like YOU were being over-charged. I think that this post is fake and if you've actually talked to me then you have no problem calling me back. I'm here for you to talk to.Just so you know--there are no such things as 4th party processing companies--thank you

Pivotal Payments to identify issue and make things right

AUTHOR: Pivotal Payments - (Canada)

We at Pivotal Payments would like to get in touch with you directly to get a better understanding of how we can help. As a leader in the merchant services industry, we are dedicated to providing the highest level of client care to all our merchants across North America.

AM Payments is an Independent Sales Organization (ISO), registered with Visa and MasterCard to sell merchant services. The organization has its own team of sales professionals that simply board merchants on Pivotals processing platform.

It appears based on your online posting you were signed by AM Payments, but unfortunately there may have been a miscommunication along the way and you were not provided with a level of service you deem acceptable.

We will be contacting AM Payments on your behalf to sort out this matter and take the necessary steps to assure it doesn't happen again. Pivotal Payments prides itself in affiliating with responsible and caring sales partners and we would like to take this opportunity to resolve this issue and make things right.

To get in touch with us directly, please contact our Partner Services department at 1 866 974-8682 or email partnerservices@pivotalpayments.com.

Pivotal Payments Suck

AUTHOR: Pivotal Payments Suck - (United States of America)

Pivotal Payments has done a similar thing to me and many others.  We have designed a forum with the intent of shutting down this fraudulent company and ensuring that others are not taken.  We would love for you to share your story at Pivotal Payments Suck.com

We also have compiled a list of contact information for their employees so that you can actually speak to someone there.  I hope we can bring these guys down together.