• Report: #201262

• Submitted: Sat, July 15, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, July 15, 2006

• Reported By:Palm Bay Florida
AM Press Associates
P O Box 226860 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

AM Press Associates (Associated With MAGS R US) Possible ripoff, scam Miami Florida

On March 10, 2006, two young people (a girl and a guy) knocked on our door. They were both blonde, good-looking and charming. They also both indicated that they were selling magazines for a contest, for a company located in Miami (were we're from).

Even though "warning bells" were going off (I sometimes get gut feelings about things), I decided to trust them, so my husband and I gave them each a check, both of which have been cashed. One was for a Rolling Stones magazine subscription, and one was for a Restaurant Coupon Book. The total was just under $50 for both.

At the time, I didn't notice that there was no phone # for the company on the receipt, or I would have become more suspicious. As the receipts say delivery may take 90-120 days, I waited until today (the full 120 days) before tring to contact them for a status. That's also when I examined the receipts more closely.

Not finding a phone #, I looked them up on the internet. Instead of a website for them, I saw this one, with many entries from different states.

As one of the responses gives a phone # (305-629-8604) for this company, I called it a few minutes ago. There is a voice mail message with a VERY young-sounding girl (possibly a teenager), that instructs the caller to send in copies of receipts. But it also gives a toll-free # to call (866-667-4346).

When you call that #, the same voice mail message with the same girl, gives the exact same message, but directs the caller to yet another # (866-776-7828.

When you call THAT #, you get the same message with the same girl, and it gives that # again (866-776-8604). This is clearly a scam, so I called our local police department today and left a message for someone to call me about this.

It isn't so much the money as it is the principal. If there is a way to get our money back and prosecute, I'm certainly willing to do my part. Thank you.

Linda
Palm Bay, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2006 02:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AM-Press-Associates/Miami-Florida-33172/AM-Press-Associates-Associated-With-MAGS-R-US-Possible-ripoff-scam-Miami-Florida-201262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AM Press Associates