Complaint Review: AM Press Associates

• Submitted: Fri, March 31, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, March 31, 2006

• Reported By:Melbourne Florida
AM Press Associates
P.O. Box 226860 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

AM Press Associates, Mags R Us fraudulent billing, misleading, dishonest, demanding sales associates, liars, Ripoff Miami Florida

My husband and I were on our way to my mother's b-day. we see these two individuals (male and female) talking with one of our neighbors in our apartment complex. We were in a hurry to get ready, said hello and went into our apartment. A few minutes later, we hear a knock at our door. It was those two individuals. They said they were earning points for college by selling magazines. I said I wasn't interested. But they said all they wanted to do was show us how it worked. So I let them do so. After I saw the price for the down payment, I explained to them that it was too much and i didnt have the money anyways. He said (after grabbing an attitude) that they DO NOT cash the check until there is sufficient funds in your bank account. And that if we wished to cancel, we had 3 days to do so, so nothing would be charged. I decided to go ahead with the cheaper magazine, and wrote the check. He was still upset with me, which pissed me off, (b.c. i didnt want both, one was $50 and the other $22.50). The day after, I looked at the reciept, b.c. i decided that something didnt add up, it said I could cancel within those 3days from the reciept date... They came to our apartment on march 21st, 2006, he dated it March 8th, 2006. And come to find out today, which is March 31st, 2006 the did indeed try to cash the check, I had insufficent funds, my bank charged me an overdraft fee, plus b.c. that check bounced, my account was at a ngeative standing, and i had made two previous purchases earlier in the week that posted when the check tried to go through and those also were charged to my bank account $35 a piece for insufficient funds b.c. AM press tried to cash the check. I have tried 3 different numbers for them and it keeps giving me the run-a-round. I am going to let you know the name of the individual who sold this to me, (not sure if this is his real name or not, but is signature was on the reciept) Michael W. Hill, ID# MWH15. B.c of this whole thing, my account has been carged over $100 in insufficient funds fees.

Melbourne, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2006 06:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AM-Press-Associates/Miami-Florida-33172/AM-Press-Associates-Mags-R-Us-fraudulent-billing-misleading-dishonest-demanding-sales-184249. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AM Press Associates