Complaint Review: AM Press Association - MAGS R US

• Submitted: Fri, October 13, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, October 13, 2006

• Reported By:Lawton Oklahoma
AM Press Association - MAGS R US
PO BOX 226860 MIAMI, Florida U.S.A.

AM Press Association - MAGS R US ripoff MIAMI Florida

A YOUNG MAN CAME TO MY DOOR AND SAID HE HAD JUST GRADUATED FROM HIGH SCHOOL AND HE'S CURRENTLY IN HIS FIRST YEAR OF COLLEGE. HE SAID THAT HE NEEDED MONEY TO HELP PAY FOR COLLEGE AND TO START HIS OWN BUSINESS AND THAT MAGS R US WAS HIS TICKET. HE ASSURED MY HUSBAND AND I THAT THIS WAS NOT A RIP OFF JUST A WAY OF HELPING HIM. THIS IS HOW IT WENT: "YOU GIVE ME HALF TODAY AND YOU SEND IN THIS STUB TO MAGS R US INCLUDING YOUR REMAINDER BALANCE". I ORDERED ONE MAGAZINE AND GAVE HIM 12.45 IN CASH BECAUSE MY HUSBAND AND I WERE FEELING UNSURE. THE YOUNG MAN TOOK THE MONEY AND WENT ON HIS WAY. WE PUSH THE ISSUE ASIDE AND TODAY JUST WHEN I WAS ABOUT TO SEND IN THE REST OF THE MONEY WHEN I REALIZED THAT THERE WASN'T A NUMBER TO BE FOUND. SOMETHING TOLD ME TO LOOK THIS COMPANY UP SO I COULD CALL AND THIS IS WHAT I GOT AND IT WAS THEN THAT I REALIZED THAT THIS HAD TO BE A SCAM AND I WAS CAUGHT IN IT. SO HERE I AM REPORTING THIS INCIDENT NOT SURE OF WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN BUT I'M GLAD I DECIDED TO STOP BY.

Janique
Lawton, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2006 09:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AM-Press-Association-MAGS-R-US/MIAMI-Florida-33172/AM-Press-Association-MAGS-R-US-ripoff-MIAMI-Florida-215563. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AM Press Association - MAGS R US