Complaint Review: AM Press Association /Mags-r-us

• Submitted: Fri, July 15, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, July 15, 2005

• Reported By:Hazelwood Missouri
AM Press Association /Mags-r-us
P.O. Box 226860 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Am Press Assoc., Mags-r-us IS a scam, PERPETRATORS WERE ARRESTED Ripoff Miami Florida

*Author of original report: Mags r us

*Author of original report: I should also mention.....

My parents had 2 of these kids come to our door were talked into ordering a magazine subscription. Soon after I googled the company's name, and found out it was all just a scam. My father went across the street to the next house they were soliciting and found them and asked for his check back after announcing that they were a scam. This angered me of course, because they soon sped off in their WINE COLORED VAN W/O liscence plates. They did however have an IL liscence plate taped to their back window. I left the house and asked God to find them and bring them to justice on my way to drive my brother to the mall. Anyway, I found the van by chance on my way to pick up my brother and went to a random house that they visited. That house's occupant happended to be a police captain (very weird coincidence....). He then called an officer to the scene and tagged all 5 of these scam artists.They were not able to give out a solicitor's liscence or establish what state that they were originally from. They are also compulsive liars. The officers contacted their "boss" and he did not even care that they were arrested.

I just wanted to post this to give anyone scammed by these people some consolation and to warn people that no matter what an "employee" of this scam posts on this website, they are STILL A SCAM.

Alex
Hazelwood, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2005 04:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AM-Press-Association-Mags-r-us/Miami-Florida-33172/Am-Press-Assoc-Mags-r-us-IS-a-scam-PERPETRATORS-WERE-ARRESTED-Ripoff-Miami-Florida-149910. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AM Press Association /Mags-r-us

Mags r us

AUTHOR: Alex - (U.S.A.)

the mags r us kids are getting booked right now which is good news. but there are still more out there. If you are approached by any of these kids contact the police immediately.

I should also mention.....

AUTHOR: Alex - (U.S.A.)

THere are probably still hundreds of kids doing this scam so be on your gaurd.