Complaint Review: AM Press Independent Marketing Firm MAGS R US Independent Publisher's Entry Service

• Submitted: Thu, February 17, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, February 17, 2005

• Reported By:Cleveland Tennessee
P.O. Box 226860 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

AM Press Independent Marketing Firm MAGS R US Independent Publisher's Entry Service Scam Dishonost A MAJOR RIP-OFF Miami Florida

On October 19, 2004 a young man came to my door asking if he could come in and watch Law & Order with me and to see if I would like to help him get a scholarship to college by buying a magazine subscription.

At first I was a little "iffy" about it, but decided to talk with him for a little while. He asked if I had any kids, and I told him that my grand-daughter lives here with me. He asked where she goes to school. I told him she was in college and which college that she goes to. He retorted with--"My sister went to that college, it's a very good one!"

After a bit of discussion he tried to get me to buy the highest priced subscription on the list. I told him I didn't have that much money so he suggested some subscriptions that where cheaper. I ended up buying a subscription of TV Guide to help him out in getting a scholarship.

It has been 4 months since this happened and I have not received any TV Guides. I recently found my "receipt" and decided to check online for anything related to AM Press Assoc./MAGS R US when I found this site and quite a few others. Including a report by the Better Business Bureau that included a bunch of information on the scams, etc. I have already sent off both payments, and getting a refund would be d**n near impossible.

I suggest to keep a look out for things like this. When someone comes to your door saying that they are selling something to gain points or to get a scholarship, etc. Ask them specific questions about the company, try to get as detailed as you can with your questions. Besides that--Just don't fall for these scams!!! If something seems fishy, then it probably is!!

Patricia
Cleveland, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2005 12:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AM-Press-Independent-Marketing-Firm-MAGS-R-US-Independent-Publishers-Entry-Service/Miami-Florida-33172/AM-Press-Independent-Marketing-Firm-MAGS-R-US-Independent-Publishers-Entry-Service-Scam-D-131727. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AM Press Independent Marketing Firm MAGS R US Independent Publisher's Entry Service