Complaint Review: AM Press Mags R Us

• Submitted: Wed, September 13, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, September 13, 2006

• Reported By:sheboygan falls Wisconsin
AM Press Mags R Us
Po Box 226860 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

AM Press Mags R Us ,AM press scam .. Miami Florida

In June of this year a young man came to my home and asked to talk to me about a great deal he had. He was trying to earn points for scholarships. All I had to do was buy a magazine.He seem very nice and as a college studeent myself I understood the costs involved. I thought I could help him out and get a magazine for my daughter in return.

when I was hesitant after the first price he quickly showed me a new price. I accepted. At first I was a little unsure about giving him the first payment but thought that's how it works. I paid him and then sent the second half in the mail. I had no idea it was a scam until two months went by and still no books.

My daughter asks me everyday if I checked the mail and if her book came. She's only five. This is a very exciting thing for her. I haven't had the heart to tell her that we got riped off. the guy even had the nerve to ask me for a soda. when he left he said he was going to let my neighbors know that I was helping him out.

now I know that was so he could scam them into thinking it was legitimate. Do these young adults know it is a scam or are they being scammed too. Can I file a lawsuit for $25 or do I just learn to never buy from door to door sales people again.

sheboygan falls, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2006 08:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AM-Press-Mags-R-Us/Miami-Florida-33172/AM-Press-Mags-R-Us-AM-press-scam-Miami-Florida-210755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AM Press Mags R Us