Complaint Review: AM Travel Services

• Updated: Wed, January 02, 2013

• Reported By: Ray — Glendale California United States of America
AM Travel Services
991 momax ave. Azusa, California United States of America

AM Travel Services Sherwin Rosales Bagas More victims of airline tickets scams by Sherwin Rosales Bagas! Azusa, California

*Author of original report: Mistakenly listed the wrong website

*General Comment: Incorrect Website listed

On August 2012, my girlfriend and I had planned to go back to the Philippines for vacation on March 2013.  One of our closest friends (Sharon) referred us to Sherwin to get the tickets from him for the price of $1500.00 for two tickets.  She made us feel safe by saying it was legit and got her round-trip ticket from him last year.  She said Sherwin had issued her with the ticket and was able to fly to the Philippines and come back here without any problems.  Therefore, we were convinced to buy those tickets as well.  At first I was paranoid and didn't really want to buy them but like I said I was convinced and was given an assurance by my trusted friend so I did buy them eventually.

We gave the $1500 check to Sharon so AM Travel Services associate would pick it up from her house.  After a few days Sharon gave us the receipt with a confirmation number.  Unfortunately, I also referred my girlfriend's cousin, Karla, to buy her airline ticket from Sherwin.  I gave her all the information about Sherwin and she also tried to purchase the ticket on October 2012 for $850.  She was instructed to deposit the money to Sherwin's bank account which is Chase Bank so she did.  After a couple of weeks Sherwin sent Karla an email saying:

"for passengers/clients message from sherwin: im sorry to tell u dat d operation will cease for a while because my relative enemy has orchestrated a fabricated complaint against me that jeopardized my travel operations. it is a criminal offense. If your travel date in anytime soon, please make travel arrangement with other travel agency and your payment will be refunded. I need your address to process refund. If your travel date is not too soon I might be able to still continue and issue your ticket. I am currently working to fix the problem and pls pray for me. I'm really sorry but rest assured that i will do everything to fix it."

That's when we realized it was a scam and could not get a hold of Sherwin Bagas any longer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2013 02:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AM-Travel-Services/Azusa-California-91705/AM-Travel-Services-Sherwin-Rosales-Bagas-More-victims-of-airline-tickets-scams-by-Sherwin-989782. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AM Travel Services

Mistakenly listed the wrong website

AUTHOR: raynico - ()

I am the author of this report and I would like to send my sincere apologies to the owner of American Travel Services for putting an incorrect web address on this report. What I meant to put on the website was www.am-travelservices.com at that time; however, this website is no longer active.

To set the record straight, American Travel Services is not affiliated with AM-Travel Services in Azusa, CA which Sherwin Bagas used for his illegal actions.

Once again, I am very sorry for not paying attention to the web address I listed, I never meant no harm to your company. I actually tried to delete and/or change the web address when I read your comments but I could not do it.  As a result, I am writing this post to clear things up and hopefully Ripoff report can contact to help me update the changes.

Sincerely,
Ray

#2 General Comment

Incorrect Website listed

AUTHOR: American Travel Services - ()

I am the owner of American Travel Services.

Our website is www.amtravelservices.com.
We are based out of Houston, TX.

We are not affiliated with AM Travel Services located in Azusa, California.

The website listed as their site is not theirs.

We have owned the website since June 2010.

Just wanted to point that out inaccuracy to Ripoff Report.

Showkat A.