Complaint Review: AMBIT ENERGY

• Updated: Tue, September 07, 2010

• Reported By: Laura — Fort Worth Texas United States of America
AMBIT ENERGY
1801 North Lamar Street, Suite 200 Dallas, Texas United States of America

AMBIT ENERGY COLLECTS RECONNECT/DISCONNECT FEES EVEN IF YOU DON'T DISCONNECT! Dallas, Texas

Ambit Energy is disconnecting my electric service today due to the fact I will not pay their reconnect and disconnect fee.  I spoke with Oncor this morning and my service is scheduled to be disconnected today.  I paid the bill in full, but Ambit is adamant about the fact that I still have to pay the disconnect and reconnect fee even though my service was not disconnected prior to my bill being paid in full.  I refuse to pay the $65.00 reconnect fee and disconnect fee, so they are proceeding to disconnect my service today.   I have been on the phone with Ambit this morning and they refuse to cancel the order with Oncor.  I also spoke with Oncor this morning.  Their customer service dept was very helpful and stated that all Ambit had to do was call and cancel the order because the bill was paid.  I have paid this disconnect/reconnect fee 4 times this year, but according to Oncor, my service has NOT been disconnected.  I will admit, I did not pay the bill on time many times as I struggle just like any consumer, but I am being fraudulently billed for something that hasn't occurred.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2010 12:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AMBIT-ENERGY/Dallas-Texas-75202/AMBIT-ENERGY-COLLECTS-RECONNECTDISCONNECT-FEES-EVEN-IF-YOU-DONT-DISCONNECT-Dallas-Tex-638411. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AMBIT ENERGY