• Report: #219807

• Submitted: Thu, November 09, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, August 04, 2007

• Reported By:Niles Michigan
AMC Ameriquest Mortage
2350 Green Rd., #160 Ann Arbor MI 48105 Sacramento, California U.S.A.

AMC Ameriquest Mortage Lied to like many others faceing foreclosure and eviction but never recieved any documents Sacramento California

*Author of original report: Ohh it it gets better.

*Consumer Comment: Michigan Attorney General's Response to AMC

*Author of original report: Not so good

*Author of original report: Update

*Consumer Comment: belive me im for real. lol

*Author of original report: No Problem

*Consumer Suggestion: Rhonda?

*Author of original report: Just informing people

*Consumer Comment: rhonda, please tell me more !!!

*Author of original report: It never Ends

*Consumer Suggestion: Their is help!!

AMC = OMG
As I read all the posts all I can say to myself is OMG We're not alone.

The reports from Holland MI are pretty much the same as ours except all we have recieved from AMC is phone calls, This started last year durring the time My husband was off work due to a blood clot AMC said they would work with us on the loan we have with them, They verbaly agreed on the phone to give us time to get funds from our retirement. Each time we tried they said no now they said Wire the money that is this amount much higher then befor because of the time wasted and you have 12 hrs to get it to us and that foreclosure has already been started and your house will be put up for sale in less then a weeks time.

We have recieved threatening phone calls from them. Demanding we agree to take money to help us move out. I would ask for the persons full name was told first name was good enough never could get a last name and ask for a number that my husband could call after we had talked it over surprise no one ever answered the phone. The only promising thing we we're told was that we may have time if we can get it refinanced by another company. We have had several willing to help us until they get the run around from AMC Now this week I recieve another call from the man with no last name saying times up.
We are currantly trying to contact the Attorney General
Did any of you recieve written notices or just calls like us?

Rhonda
Niles, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2006 11:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AMC-Ameriquest-Mortage/Sacramento-California-95899/AMC-Ameriquest-Mortage-Lied-to-like-many-others-faceing-foreclosure-and-eviction-but-nev-219807. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AMC Ameriquest Mortage

Ohh it it gets better.

AUTHOR: Rhonda - (U.S.A.)

It has been 5 months since we lost in court only because eviction papers were severed before our court date the same eviction papers that were severed 3 days after informing AMC we had a lawyer other wise we would not have had to go through all we have since we were evicted. It's all in the timing even the Judge said sorry we have a good case but according to MI law once eviction papers are served not much can be done and he could only rule 1 way. boy that was comforting to hear....
Once We received the eviction papers .. 1. We finally had the correct name and number to A'quest attorneys that were handling our foreclosure. Well, the first part any ways..Those lawyers were hmm not sure what happened to them because our 2nd court date a whole different firm was there for AMC. and or Debautch Bank.
2.. We finally had the date and time of the court auction of our home go figure.. Just a wee bit late to help us. Was never posted on property or in local papers.
Not only the date and time but at what cost debautch bank AKA another part of AMC bought our home for get this $159,400.00 one of the amounts given for payoff when we tried to get another loan during the early redemption period was more like 157,00.00.
Our home hit the open market this past week and would you like to take a guess at the asking price??? $132,000.
Has anyone heard of the new home loans offered either by state or federal for those affected by fraudulent mortgages???? If so please help I read about them either in the paper or on the net but can not find any info???
Also received papers about the Michigan part of the state class action against A'quest the least we would receive for losing our home our credit rating and our sanity for dealing with these people is a whooping $549.00 IF we sign on... But yet they are willing to take a 25,000 - 30,000 dollar loss to get our home that we were evicted from off their hands........... Make you either sick to the stomach or laugh histirically.
Makes you wonder either way. But any info about the loans I mentioned above please reply...
For those still in your homes and fighting this mess good luck I am so happy some could keep their homes unlike some like us.
For those that like to point out spelling blame AOL I did a spelling check for grammar and punctuation blame that on me still shocked at the asking price for my home...

Michigan Attorney General's Response to AMC

AUTHOR: Joy - (U.S.A.)

Hi Rhonda, my heart goes out to you and all the victims of the predatory lendors, especially Ameriquest/AMC. After filing an individual complaint to the Michigan Attorney General, it was referred to their

Insurance/mortgage/financial dept. There are so many cutbacks, Rhonda, within the state, that right now only one person is handling over 1500 complaints. So, if you aren't answered immediately you know why. You can go to the michigan dot gov website and link to consumer complaints and file there. They WILL respond.

I too lost my home after a 2 year battle. A home I lived in for 27 years. My sons' are in Iraq and I was ashamed to tell them I lost our home, but I did and went forward. I haven't given up the fight, I hope you will continue also. A judges' ruling can be appealed and you can file your own paperwork.

I wish you and all the consumers here much love and luck and I hope 2007 is better for all of us.
God Bless,
Joy Moore
Deerfield, Michigan

Not so good

AUTHOR: Rhonda - (U.S.A.)

Court today Judge ruled against us we now have 30 days to vacate the property. According to Michigan laws there is nothing that can be done once the eviction papers are served.

So if you are in Michigan and are being foreclosed on get the ball rolling and fast.
It was gut wrenching to sit there and hear the Judge say I'm sorry I understand your situation but my hands are tied.

Then we got to go home to our children and inform them that we lost.......

Update

AUTHOR: Rhonda - (U.S.A.)

After being served papers to appear in court to be evicted in Nov. Papers were issued to the wrong county The Judge talked to the Lawyers via phone We then had to wait for the papers to be served in the right county that took until mid Dec new court date was set then cancelled and reset again today we had court.
We met with our Lawyer he is a very nice considerate man that put me at ease as soon as we met.
The ball is rolling and for the time being we are still in our home. As our Lawyer keeps telling me to do I am once again taking a deep breath and waiting to see what comes next. Thanks again Ken for pointing me in the right direction. Good luck to all fighting the same mess.

belive me im for real. lol

AUTHOR: Loren - (U.S.A.)

ask mr black. i drove up to holland mi. unanounced no appointment and i was luck enough to meet with him.he seems like the type that cares whats going on and wants to help, belive me if i had the retainer with me that day my case probally would have been filed already. IM THE HOLD UP !

but yeah, i sapose your right anyways you should always be careful no matter what you do.

when it comes to realestate and money one has no friends it seems like.

people that are in foreclosure the bank just made there life a matter of public record and a huge target for all types of scammers.

from this point on dont make any rash desicions or sighn anything untill you talk to true friends family and most important your attorney.

No Problem

AUTHOR: Rhonda - (U.S.A.)

There is no problem with our Lawyer or the fine people that have helped us I was informing people about a post I seen on a different site.
Where current and ex ameriquest workers posts comments in the posts they were asking each other who had been paid to post on this site.
So I just wanted to pass the information on.
And say becareful.
I am sorry if I worried anyone just felt everyone should know about it.

#7 Consumer Suggestion

Rhonda?

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

Im not sure what you are saying but please be clear! Everyone that has gone to my attorney have nothing but great things to say. Its all at the beginning but i know of atleast 9 people that has signed with him and he has stopped all foreclosure proceedings.

So please explain what the problem is because im not really sure what you are trying to say on your post above this one?

Just informing people

AUTHOR: Rhonda - (U.S.A.)

HI I would like to also talk with you mr. black also has my info.

I just wanted to remind people that read the posts that some may not be who they say going by some posts I found on another site.
It seems that some might have been paid by our friends (not) at A'Quest to post on rip-off report no way of knowing who or exactly when.

rhonda, please tell me more !!!

AUTHOR: Loren - (U.S.A.)

i didnt fully understand what it was you where tring to tell me. mr black has my email adress and other contact info if you want to contact me directly. id like to hear what you have to say.

im curious now.

It never Ends

AUTHOR: Rhonda - (U.S.A.)

Thanks Ken I have been searching for the posts you mentioned I think I seen what you meant and have sent an e-mail. If not is there an easier way to find exactly what posts you are refferring to. In the mean time We are still trying to refinance the people we are working with now have been trying to get AMC to communicate with them but isn't working out to well They asked us to try and get our payoff amount. We called this morning and was transferred around like normal and then was given a name and number of the AMC lawyer that is handling our loan we called and go figure the number has been disconnected. We have spent the morning calling different numbers most places are closed due to Veterans Day. I am sick with worry and have been in a state of panic since this all started.

Thanks for your encouragement it really means alot.

#11 Consumer Suggestion

Their is help!!

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

My name is Ken i live in holland michigan. Read both the holland michigan post from top to bottom and you will find the help you will need to stop this moster from taking your home.

Myself and many others here in michigan have stopped all foreclosures on our homes. The reason why? Very simple, ameriquest has commited FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So read the post several times over and you will be able to find help. I just met with my attorney yesterday and we are having my appraiser and the little prick that did my loan out of the grand rapids office served with papers and im going to press charges to the fullest.

I have called both of these guys and asked for them to tell the truth on how they lied to me and they both said they did not have the time, well im going to make time for them. I know they read these post as well as many other ameriquest employees and higher ups.

Im sure they all thought i was going away but like i have said in the beginning, I am going to see this through to the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to all and dont give up! The truth is on our side!

shear