Complaint Review: AMC MORTGAGE

• Submitted: Sun, June 10, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, June 10, 2007

• Reported By:harrison township Michigan
P.O. Box 11000 Santa Ana, California U.S.A.

FINALLY!! After one year my grandfather finally realized that he is getting scammed by AMC Mortgage Co. Upon loosing their Medicare 9 months ago, my grandparents gained some pretty large medical bills that have put them in a hole where they missed one mortgage payment.

My grandfather forgot one payment due to the fact that he has Alzheimer's and they sent a notice of foreclosure. So, we contacted the mortgage company to make payment arrangements. The company put us through to what they call a "Loan modification officer" to try to get them a new lower payment. That was 8 months ago and we still have no agreement. I called the other day to find out what the hold up was and the stupid guy said that we needed to send them more information like my grandparents bank statements and check stubs from their retirement.

Ok no problem you would think but we have been doing this every months for the past 8 months. WHAT MORE INFORMATION COULD THEY POSSIBLY NEED. Today I was at work and met a gentleman lawyer that represents elderly people that are scam victims, as we were talking I explained the situation that we are in and he said that what the mortgage company is trying to do is lock us into their company by ruining my grandparents credit because even though all the payments are "suppose to be deferred" they still leave a negative mark against their credit thus not allowing them to get approved for a new mortgage with another company!!

Now what we are asking? Who knows from here!! Do people not have anything better to do with their lives then to scam people let alone elderly. GET A LIFE!! I JUST WANNA CRY!! We are calling Rock Financial in the morning!! If anyone can help us out we are open to opinions and suggestions. Thanks

harrison township, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2007 09:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AMC-MORTGAGE/Santa-Ana-California/AMC-MORTGAGE-AMERIQUEST-MORTGAGE-ARGENT-MORTGAGE-SCAM-RIPOFF-DISHONEST-ORANGE-County-Cal-253576. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AMC MORTGAGE