Complaint Review: AMERICA ONLINE

• Submitted: Thu, July 11, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, July 11, 2002

• Reported By:EROS LA.
PO BOX 1559 OGDEN, Utah U.S.A.

AMERICA ONLINE AOL ripoff screwed others too OGDEN Utah

After buying my grandaughter a PC. I recieved a disc in the mail from AOL for 1000 free hours. We decided to try it. After a week
of trying to get on line with AOL,and numeruos useless phone conversations with their so called costumer service and tech support,we gave up and went with a different company.(Which,I may add we had no trouble at all)

I immedeiately called and cancelled all services with AOL. This was in early April. During June I began having trouble with my checking account.Upon inquiring into the problem, I discovered AOL had made an electronic withdrawal from my account of $79.99.I called AOL and they did reimberse the $79.99 after ten days.Ofcourse I still had to pay for the checks that became rubber because of their so called costumer service erros.
NOW, I dealt with it once, But it is July 11,and it has happened again. $69.99 this time. When I called my bank to check this out,the lady I spoke to said that she had the same thing happen to her both in June and July.I say enough!! I refuse to let them screw up my account and get by with it!!!WHO IS WITH ME????

EROS, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2002 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AMERICA-ONLINE/OGDEN-Utah-84402/AMERICA-ONLINE-AOL-ripoff-screwed-others-too-OGDEN-Utah-24402. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AMERICA ONLINE