Complaint Review: AMERICAN ADVANTAGE GRANT DEPARTMENT

• Submitted: Fri, December 09, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, December 09, 2005

• Reported By:ST HELENA California
AMERICAN ADVANTAGE GRANT DEPARTMENT
1900 HOWELL BRANCH RD WINTER PARK, Florida U.S.A.

AMERICAN ADVANTAGE GRANT DEPT, EUGENE ripoff, SCAM ARTISTS, GRANTS SCAMS, PHONE SCAM, CHECKING ACCOUNT FRAUD WINTER PARK Florida

recieved a phone call from an Eugene Mathew from American Advantage Grant Department saying I was to recieve a goverment grant for $12,500. and that is was pre approved, he had my checking account number, but requested Social Security number and address, he said I would recieve some paper work in the mail in the next 2 days and that I should fill out with a confidential number, I should pay $50.00 for papers, after I was to take paper work with the confidential number to my bank and I would receive the $12,500.00 in my account.

After the phone conversation ended it just did not seem quite right and I tried calling the phone number given to me, there was a recording and you would be on hold. I went to the internet and oh my god is a rip off, same information, same phone number, same address, same amount of money.

I sent and e-mail to my bank to let them know of the scam and to stop payment, and no authorization for company with that name. Our bank is a credit union and it does not open on weekends, I recieved acknowledgement response from bank. I hope this helps, we contacted the bank within 15 minutes of the phone call.

Valerie
ST HELENA, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2005 10:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AMERICAN-ADVANTAGE-GRANT-DEPARTMENT/WINTER-PARK-Florida-32792/AMERICAN-ADVANTAGE-GRANT-DEPT-EUGENE-ripoff-SCAM-ARTISTS-GRANTS-SCAMS-PHONE-SCAM-CHEC-167473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AMERICAN ADVANTAGE GRANT DEPARTMENT