Complaint Review: AMERICAN AGENCIES

• Submitted: Wed, April 16, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, April 16, 2003

• Reported By:CA California
AMERICAN AGENCIES
2185 W. 190TH ST. TORRANCE, California U.S.A.

AMERICAN AGENCIES consumer rip-off fraud TORRANCE California

IN 1999 I UNKNOWINGLY HAD PROBLEMS WITH 91 EXPRESS LANES. THEY WERE CHARGING ME FOR SEVICES I HAD NOT RECEIVED. EVENTUALLY THIS ACCOUNT WAS SENT TO AMERICAN AGENCIES FOR COLLECTIONS. DURING THIS TIME I NEVER RECIEVED ANY NOTICE SAYING I OWED MONEY TO 91 EXPRESS LANES OR AMERICAN AGENCIES.

IN 2000 I APPLIED FOR A HOME LOAN AND FOUND I OWED MONEY TO 91 EXPRESS LANES. AFTER A BATTLE WITH 91 EXPRESS LANES AND AMERICAN AGENCIES, I RECEIVED A LETTER SAYING MY ACCOUNT WAS TO BE REMOVED FROM COLLECTIONS.

IN 2003 I AM NOW ATTEMPTING TO BUY ANOTHER HOME. I FOUND AMERICAN AGENCIES IS STILL ADDING CHARGES FOR THE 91 EXPRESS LANE ACCOUNT. IM ALSO FINDING THEY ARE STILL HURTING MY CREDIT RATING. I AM NOW STARTING ANOTHER BATTLE WITH AMERICAN AGENCIES.

WHILE TRING TO FIND AMERICAN AGENCIES' PHONE NUMBER ON THE WEB, I FOUND NUMEROUS PEOPLE THAT HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AS MYSELF WITH AMERICAN AGENCIES.

IT SHOULD BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF A COLLECTIONS AGENCY TO CONTACT THE PEOPLE IT IS COLLECTING FROM. IM NOT VERY DIFFICULT TO LOCATE AND I NEVER ONCE RECEIVED A LETTER FROM AMERICAN AGENCIES. IT ALSO SHOULD BE THIER REPONSIBILITY TO REMOVE YOU FROM A CREDIT REPORT AS QUICK AS THEY PUT YOU ON, ESPECIALLY WHEN AN ERROR HAS BEEN MADE ON THIER PART. OBVIOUSLY THEY HAVE NO INSENTIVE TO DO THESE THINGS BECAUSE IT WONT MAKE THEM MONEY. IN FACT THEY MAKE MONEY BY NOT NOTIFING YOU!

IF I HAD LOST THE LETTER FROM 91 EXPRESS LANES OVER THE YEARS, I WOULD BE PAYING TWICE AS MUCH FOR SOMETHING I NEVER RECEIVED IN THE FIRST PLACE. TO TOP IT OFF, I WOULD ALSO BE PAYING FOR IT ON MY CREDIT REPORT.

I TAKE PRIDE IN HAVING PERFECT CREDIT. IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO LIVE IN THIS DAY AND AGE WITHOUT CREDIT. I FEEL THESE COMPANIES NEED TO BE GOVERNED MORE CLOSLY TO PREVENT THESE THINGS FROM HAPPENING, ESPECIALLY WITH ID THEFT AND FRUAD AS THE NUMBER ONE GROWING CRIME!

IN THE LONG RUN NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO AMERICAN AGENCIES AND I HAVE WASTED MY TIME ONCE AGAIN. I JUST HOPE I CAN FINISH IT THIS TIME.

Ryan
CA, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2003 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AMERICAN-AGENCIES/TORRANCE-California-90504/AMERICAN-AGENCIES-consumer-rip-off-fraud-TORRANCE-California-53158. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AMERICAN AGENCIES