Complaint Review: AMERICAN EXPRESS GIFT CARD

• Updated: Thu, February 13, 2014

• Reported By: Bonnie — RAYLAND Ohio
AMERICAN EXPRESS GIFT CARD
4315 S 2700 W SALT LAKE CITY, Utah USA

AMERICAN EXPRESS GIFT CARD AMERICAN EXPRESS GIFT CARD’S BOUGHT, UNUSED, AMERICAN EXPRESS REFUSES TO PAY BACK OVER $165.00 SALT LAKE CITY Utah

I Bought my mother 3 $50.00 ( $150.00) gift cards for Christmas at our local mall, at sears at the end of November 2013.  My husband and i then went about our shopping. When we got home, I divided certain bags, and thru out the extra bags. The AMERICAN EXPRESS CARDS were in their own small bag. I didn't realize until days later when i could not find them that i had thrown the bag away with the receipt in the bag. i called Sears, not knowing what to do. They said they would reprint off my receipt SO THAT I HAD PROOF THAT THE CARDS WERE PURCHASED. And also SHOWING the 3 AMERICAN EXPRESS GIFT CARD "NUMBERS."  That way i could explain to AMERICAN EXPRESS what happened and they can check and SEE THAT THE CARDS WERE NEVER USED, at all.

I called AMERICAN EXPRESS and talked to customer service. I was told by AMERICAN EXPRESS CUSTOMER SERICE REP to mail in the copy of the receipt with a photo ID. That is what i did.  NOW 2 months later, i just got a letter from AMERICAN EXPRESS ASKING ME TO MAIL IN THE RECEIPT AND A COPY OF THE GIFT CARDS!! THEY KNOW THAT I DON'T HAVE ANY OF THIS, because THEY ALREADY HAVE IT!  If i had any of this, i wouldn't be contacting them, or writing this report!  I DID WHAT AMERICAN EXPRESS CUSTOMER SERVICE TOLD ME TO DO, in order to get a refund. I called them back after i got the letter. I told AMERICAN EXPRESS CUSTOMER SERVICE that i already did what they told me TO DO IN ORDER to get refunded. They HAVE THE PROOF , that the CARDS WERE NEVER used! But will still not refund my money for 3 GIFT CARDS! $50.00 EACH.  $150.00 + TAX AND their 4.99 fee per card.  I didn't care if i got the fee's or tax, But since AMERICAN EXPRESS HAS THE PROOF OF THE CARDS not being used, at all....   Why? Why not refund now??   I never realized how crooked AMERICAN EXPRESS was.  But, if anyone decides to buy gift cards. BEWARE OF AMERICAN EXPRESS!! I CAN NOT BELIEVE THEY would do this to a consumer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2014 02:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AMERICAN-EXPRESS-GIFT-CARD/SALT-LAKE-CITY-Utah-84184-0044/AMERICAN-EXPRESS-GIFT-CARD-AMERICAN-EXPRESS-GIFT-CARDS-BOUGHT-UNUSED-AMERICAN-EXPRESS-1121833. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AMERICAN EXPRESS GIFT CARD