Complaint Review: AMERICAN EXPRESS

AMERICAN EXPRESS
Box 981535 El Paso, Texas Internet United States of America

AMERICAN EXPRESS Fraudulent billing of AEPC Member Services Internet

*Consumer Comment: I experienced the same situation

Problem just happened to me.  I use few credit cards normally.  I stopped using American Express several years ago when something similar to this happened.  In fact the credit card I possess still has the activation label on it.  Out of the clear blue I get a bill with one item on it for $79.95 itemized as AEPC Member Services for T+L Family Club.  Not knowing what AEPC was, I went to the internet and found others complaining about the same thing on Ripoff Report.

Personally, I don't care how it got on my bill whether I acted or didn't act on some junk mail.  Unless it was a bill from American Express I was not going to see it.  Slimy practices like this needs to be broadcasted to the world to put a stop to wrong doing and set some penalties for the unscrupulous.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2010 08:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AMERICAN-EXPRESS/internet/AMERICAN-EXPRESS-Fraudulent-billing-of-AEPC-Member-Services-Internet-615355. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AMERICAN EXPRESS

I experienced the same situation

AUTHOR: briant - (United States of America)

This exact same situation happened to me. I had been using my AMERICAN EXPRESS card w/out incident for 6 months when out of the blue I was slapped with a $129.99 fee for the T+L FAMILY CLUB.. which I certainly never signed up for or requested. To make matters worse, I continually had to jump through hoops to get the charge off my statement. Customer service repeatedly asked me to hold then would transfer me to another department w/ a voicemail?! Unethical and poor customer service from a company that was once a reputable card provider.